16. Movies

I hope everyone's okay, with COVID-19 going around right now. I hope you're all staying safe and keeping your distance from people, especially if you're at high-risk, and my heart goes out to those who have been affected. It's an uncertain time right now, with so many people dying and everything shutting down, and I know that as well as it killing people, it's also causing a lot of anxiety. Please take care of both your physical and mental needs, and try and stay in touch with people. It's a difficult time right now, but we will get through it, as long as we stay calm and follow the advice given.

To those who are panic-buying (yes, I had to ad a special mention), please stop, as you're not helping yourself or anyone else. If anything, you are creating a problem, on top of all the issues we are facing right now. Please, stop. We're not desperate yet.

On the other hand, I'm back people!! With a bunch of pre-written chapters!! So I won't fall behind updates!!

Everything seems to be moving too fast - Greyson, moving, weird teachers - and I absolutely didn't need Ryan telling my brother that I almost kissed his best friend, despite him claiming not to be best friends. As soon as Grey took the cookie from me, I pretty much sprinted out of the room and up the stairs, locking the door behind me. I could feel the panic rising, but brushed it off.

If I ignore it, it might go away.

Or it'll get worse, but I can't let myself be negative all the time.

Alex always says to look on the bright side.

I sigh heavily, dragging my hand down the side of my face. I had only been here for three days, and already I was letting myself get stressed about everything. Taking a few shuddering breaths in, I tried to mentally go over what was happening.

What was I doing in the kitchen? I had never been one for kissing boys on a whim, my shyness always getting in the way, on top of never really liking anyone before. They had never really payed attention to me, always focusing on my louder, prettier friends, but here was a boy who was just as quiet as I was, who seemingly was interested in me.

I couldn't let myself presume things though, as I knew that people liked to mess around, or at least that's what my friends always did. How did I even know that Greyson wasn't just like them, and wanting to have a quick hook up? Did I want that?

Why was I even considering this? Hook ups have and will always be the opposite of I was, and there was no way in hell I could be confident enough to do it. Plus, I barely knew Greyson, and I'm pretty sure that to be friends with benefits, you had to be friends first, right? I mean, it's in the name...

"Love?" I jumped up as a knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. I opened it quickly to reveal my brother, who had his usual lazy grin plastered on his face. He quirked an eyebrow and I blushed, knowing that he had no idea of what had just happened.

"You okay? You left your cookies on the side..." I shrugged, smiling awkwardly at him, my fingers beginning to pull at my sleeves. I turned away from him and slipped off my loose cardigen.

"Um, yeah, I was just about to get changed and take my makeup and stuff..." He shrugged.

"Sure, I'll wait downstairs for you. If you want, we can watch a movie in a seperate room from the boys - I know that they can be a lot sometimes." I nodded, smiling for real.

"Lord of the rings?" He rolled his eyes, but grinned.

"Be quick." He shut the door behind him as he left, and I wiped off my make up, pulling my hair into a messy bun before tugging on a pair of soft grey shorts and my white Champion sweatshirt, pulling the sleeves into sweater paws. I slipped on a pair of fluffy white socks and padded down the stairs, looking first in the kitchen for Alex. When I saw that he wasn't in the kitchen, I messaged him, leaving my phone on the counter and looking through the cupboards for snacks.

"Boo!" I squeaked and fell back on my butt in shock. Luckily, I had only been searching through the bottom cupboards, so I hadn't fallen from anywhere, but still I scowled up at my brother, who was still laughing.

"Stop it, it wasn't that funny!" I said, swiping at his legs.

"What are you even doing?" He asked, reaching down and pulling me up.

"Snacks, duh."

"Oh, I grabbed a tonne already, come on, we're downstairs." I rolled my eyes but followed him anyways, grabbing my phone on the way out. He led me down a set of stairs and to the end of the corridor, where Kaiden was lounging on the sofa, the film ready to play already. I climbed over the back of the couch, ignoring Alex when he scoffed at my obvious refusal to walk around, and grabbed a pillow.

"Do you have a spare-"

"Blanket? Yeah, grab that one there." Alex motioned to the one on the other end of the sofa and I grabbed it, snuggling into the centre of the couch happily. A bag of M&M's were chucked onto my lap and I tore them open, picking out a red one.

"Can we start the movie?"

"Yeah, once Grey gets here, and speak of the devil..." The couch sagged slightly as Greyson threw himself onto it, right next to me. I looked at him and blushed, quickly looking away as the lights turned into a dark blue and the movie began to play. The feeling of Greyson glancing at me continually throughout the movie never faded, but as I ate my snacks and got more into it, I managed to block him out and focus on the first film of the series.

Even when he gently linked his fingers with mine.

QOTD: What do you want to do after school/in a few years from now?

MA: I think I want to go to university, but I'm not sure yet. I've never been one to make big desicions, always just going along with everyone else, but I know that I can't just follow my friends forever, despite wanting to honestly. I think at some point I want to rent an apartment in a city, maybe New York or somewhere busy, and get a roomate, but yeah. I literally have no idea??