43. Safe

Heyyy how yall doing?

So I'm kinda hoping to finish the story this month? Like, I was going to try for last month, but life got in the way, so I'm thinking sometime this month should be chill.

Ngl, I'm kinda over this story lol... I never finish anything - movies, TV shows, books... I just read most of it, then maybe skip to the last few minutes or last chapter and kinda guess what happened from that, which is why I think I've never been able to actually finish writing a story lol...

Just think though: this story so far is over 44,000 words...

Like, without the A/N's or anything...

Craziness...

So, I hope yall enjoy the update! Let me know what you think!!

I also just wanted to say I do read every comment, and I try to reply to most of them, it's just that I get overwhelmed quickly, which is why I've had to sudden week break off this story lol... I'm trying to keep consistent, but don't hate me if I can't keep up with comments and updates!! I appreciate every one of them though!!

Dedicated to @Come_at_me_boo for voting and the awesome username!! <3

"Alex, you've gotta help me..." I cried, rushing over to stand under the gap he was looking through.

"Shh, keep quiet, Love, we've got to move fast, okay?" I nodded, biting my lip. "Good, just grab the chair and drag it over, quick, come on," I hurried over and grabbed the chair I had just been trapped to, dragging it over to where I had just been stood. It was surprisingly heavy and my arms trembled from both the weight of the chair and the pressure of the situation.

"Here, hurry," He reached his arms through the gap towards me, and I stepped up onto the chair and reached up. From the extra height, he managed to grab hold of my forearms, counting down quickly from three before yanking me straight up. I landed heavily on my shoulder, hissing at the pain in my hip where I had caught the side of the opening. Alex ignored me, dragged this square plate across to where I had just been pulled from. We were instantly trapped in the darkness.

"Alex?" I asked, scared that I couldn't see anything.

"I'm here, Love, don't worry. Here," I jumped as his hand grabbed my own but let him pull it until I was holding onto his shoulder.

"Don't let go, understood? We've got to keep really quiet, and I can't lose you, okay?" I nodded before I realised that he couldn't see me.

"Yeah," There was no reply back as he suddenly started moving forwards. I struggled to keep up with him and keep hold but I tried my best, ignoring the sharp pain when I twisted my wrist. The bruises could be dealt with later - I just had to escape first.

After what felt like forever, we finally stopped crawling and Alex sat back for a second. At first I was confused, but then a small crack of light revealed that he was pulled away another panel in the roof, until it was big enough for us both to fit through. He gave me a look to stay where I was before he slipped out, landing almost silently on the floor beneath him. I waited impatiently, hiding just inches away from the opening so no one could see me, but the second seemed to drag by, and the thought of him just leaving hit me. What if he really had just left me, or what if I was supposed to escape by myself from here? Or maybe somebody had caught him, and he was now in trouble? What would I do then?

"Love!" He whisper-shouted. I peeked over the edge and he was stood just below.

"Jump down, I'll catch you," I nodded and bought my head back away from the opening, twisting my body around to hang my legs over. Every bone in my body was telling me not to jump, as though I had a sudden fear of heights or something. There was no time for me to start acting scared though, so without looking down, I took a deep breath and pushed myself off the edge.

My breath was knocked out of me as Alex, true to his word, caught me before I could hit the ground. I coughed as he put me down, patting my back slightly.

"You okay?" I gave him a small nod.

"Good, cus we've got to keep moving. Let's go," He turned and started walking quickly, leaving me to jog after him. I realised that we were probably in the same warehouse we had been yesterday.

"Alex?" He hummed at me, looking straight forwards.

"Where's Sam and Jade?"

"Sam should be with Kaiden, Jade's in the hospital. She hasn't woken up yet," I felt awful at the thought that it was probably my fault why she was there. If I had just stayed quiet, left the whole matter alone, she wouldn't be in the hospital, Sam wouldn't be stuck somewhere else, and my brother wouldn't be in a mess trying to get me out of one.

"Jump up and out, Greyson's waiting outside for you, okay?" I nodded, eyes wide and scared. He bent down slightly, steadying himself and locking his fingers together. With a little hesitance, I put my foot in his hand, reaching up and grabbing the edge of the windowsill as he pushed me high enough to climb up, unlocked the window and opened it wide. Peering outside, I almost missed Greyson, leaning against the building, arms crossed and with a deadly glare. Clumsily, I lifted my foot out, bringing the other with me and dropping down, landing wrong on my ankle.

"Love!" Arms wrapped tightly around me and I pushed myself into them, knowing it was Greyson. My fingers knotted themselves in his shirt as I tried to pull him even closer, feeling the shock starting to wear off and the emotions set in.

"I'm here, you're fine, you're safe," He murmured, his hand rubbing my back softly. I choked on a sob as feet landed lightly beside us.

"What? Do I not get a hug do, Greyson?" Alex teased. I could practically feel Greyson's eyeroll, but my mind was focused on keeping him close, even when he started to pull away.

"We're not done yet, we've got to get you out of here first," He murmured to me. I nodded slightly, this time letting him pull away, holding on tightly when he slipped his hand into mine.

"Cute," Alex pulled a face. "I might say I don't mind you two being together, but try to keep the PDA to a minimum..." He tried to joke. I ignored him, pushing my face into Grey's arm.

"Soo... Kaiden?" Alex asked.

"Should be five minutes. Said he'd meet us here," Grey replied, his voice as low and as calm as usual.

"Okay, I'll wait if you want to go get the car?" Greyson nodded.

"Do you want to stay with Alex or me?" He asked. I pushed myself closer to him in response. I wasn't picking favourites, but the thought of waiting here, at the mercy of whoever walked by...

No thank you.

He tugged me slightly and I started to walk with him, my hand still in his.

We were okay.

We were safe now.

QOTD: Favourite memory?

MA: Okay so mine's of my dad, and it's pretty funny in a way that you-have-to-be-there kinda funny, but basically it was his 42nd birthday, and we had spent the whole day celebrating, and we sat down at night, ready to sing happy birthday and eat cake, and someone says, 'happy 38th birthday!!' cus we have a joke that you count back once you hit 40, and he just casually corrects and is like 'you mean 37nth' and we were like??

No???

and then he proceeds to argue that he's a year older than he actually is, until mom is finally like, 'what fucking year were you born on?' and it takes a second and he's just like... oh.

And of course we bring that up as much as physically possible, as to embarrass him to the max lol.