9. Art

Okay sorry for like not updating for a week or something. i was intending on putting the story on hold, but like, im gonna keep going. its gonna be awesome!!

your awkward author,

Ellie xx

The teacher stormed out of the room before any of the students could even stand the second class was over. I was shocked at his attitude - surely teachers were supposed to want to teach? - but Greyson just rolled his eyes and shrugged his bag over his shoulder.

"Where's your next class?"

"Building A2." I shoved the folder in my bag, stressed already. He had sped through the notes, and my hand hurt from writing so much so quickly. I had barely gotten the notes down before he had changed slide and was onto the next topic. There was no way in hell that my notes would be understandable in a few weeks time, meaning that I would have to rewrite them again.

Great.

"I'll walk you there." I looked up at Greyson, who was already walking away. Stumbling after him, I tripped on someone's bag and almost fell into him. He turned to look at me over his shoulder.

"Um... sorry..." He rose an eyebrow and reached around to grab my hand.

"Clumsy little thing." I blushed, but he seemed completely unbothered, holding onto my hand even when we got outside. My face went even more red when I noticed the stares we were getting. I tugged slightly, trying to pull my hand away, but he simply held on, ignoring everyone else. It was probably a good thing, as I stumbled on a step I didn't see and instead of tumbling to the ground, he held on tight and I used him to balance myself. We reached the door to my next class and I looked at him.

"Um... I'll see you later?" I mumbled, blushing. He nodded, smirking.

"Meet you at the cafe. Wait for your brother here - don't go wandering off." I nodded and turned away from him, stepping into the classroom, looking over my shoulder to find him already walking away. I sighed and turned into the room, before gasping in shock.

It was like an entire art studio, with a huge indoor balcony. Every wall was lined with paints and supplies, and with any spare space, there was a canvas displaying someone's work. Every table was coloured with paint splats, and each stool had it's own design on it.

"I know, right?" I jumped as someone came up behind me. I hadn't heard them coming in.

"Sorry?" He grinned.

"The studio. The art department somehow was funded over summer, and so we get to play with some proper shit." I gave him a cautious smile in return, his sheer joy contagious.

"I mean, imagine being that rich, just donating a shit ton of money to some random school. Fucking lucky, that's what they are." I nodded along as we began walking over to a table.

"Sit with me?" I kept nodding, not really registing his question properly. There was no real reason not to sit with him. At least I had someone to sit next to. That was one major stress taken away.

"So, British, right?" I blushed and nodded. Why was that the key thing everyone picked up on?

"Cute. Had a roomate a while ago from Britain. Couldn't understand a word from them though, that's the part they don't warn you about. Sure, accents from there are cute, until you get one from like, wherever they were from. I mean, I say I didn't understand a word, but like, I really didn't understand a word. I don't even know if they were speaking English or not..." He was cut off by the teacher as he slammed the door open dramatically.

"Are you guys ready for the best art course of your life?" All chatter died instantly as we stared at the man. He slinked forwards, eyes darting around, hands empty except for a flask of something that didn't look like water.

I mean, it looked like water, but I didn't think it was, if you get what I'm saying...

"Hi, Do you want to learn how to draw amazing art? Would you like to learn how to draw strait out of your head and start wowing everyone around you? Then this is your course on Drawing, from beginner to advanced! Drawing is the most sought after skill when it comes to any artistic job and the skill can be yours with this course. The course begins with the basics. I'll take you through everything you need to know to start drawing like an expert. Next you'll learn about the fundamentals of drawing and how to use them to create your own artwork. Once you've mastered the fundamentals you'll jump right in and start drawing still life's which is vital if you want to become a skilled artist. Then I'm going to take you through how to create texture for your drawings. But that wont leave you with everything you need to know in order to create amazing game graphics. So then I'm going to teach you how to draw the human face as well as the human form. And lastly I've added in a bonus section where I'll teach you how a draw animated figures step by step. The course is packed with over 10 hours of clear content. Plus I offer 100% fully responsive support through out the entire course. So why am a sharing this with you?

"I'm Jaysen, a freelance illustrator and design. When I was very young I got a job at an animation because of my drawing skills. Drawing is the fundamental building block of art and can open countless doors for you. My mission is to give you the skills to draw professional art. I also offer a 100% no questions asked money back guarantee! So what are you waiting for? Jump on in and change your art world today!" I stared at the teacher in shock. What the heck was that?

"Umm, sir?" A girl cautiously raised her hand. "What do..."

"Except!" The teacher cut her off. "I'm not called Jaysen, I've never worked in animation, and I can't give you your money back! Thank you and goodnight!" He bowed, as though we were applauding him, and stared back at us when we didn't, the silence slowly becoming uncomfortable.

"Did you just memorise the art YouTube advert thing?" The guy next to me piped up. I realised I never asked for his name, which would probably be useful to know if we were to remain friends.

"Well, um... yes, but that's besides the point..." We all continued to stare at him, confused as to what he was on.

I mean, on about.

Definately...

"Do you know what, forget about it!" He cried, throwing his hands into the air and turning around to his desk. "Kids these days, you give them a solid speech and what do they do? Nothing! Nada! How's a teacher supposed to teach creativity to a bunch of robots? Impossible..." He kept mumbling for a while, before cutting him off and spinning around, grinning at us brightly.

"So, has anyone here ever tried painting?"

QOTD: Hobbies?

MA: I love art, music and martial arts, and that's pretty much it tbh... I'm not too interesting honestly, so I probably need to pick up something else lol. Right now though, I'm struggling with school, so I should probably hold off for a year or so, but like, forget school. I gotta be a person first lol.