<1>

<><>

"Caught you." A voice whispers as hands grab Jaemin's arms and hold them behind his back. The boy turns his head and comes face to face with Park Jisung.

"Get off me you fetus." Jaemin glares at the 16 year old. "Don't want me to tell Chenle of your actions do you?" The younger boy's eyes flash with fear and regret but he doesn't let go. Jaemin sighs.

A laugh breaks the silence, Jaemin looks in front of him to find Mark and Jeno both walking towards them. Mark was laughing his ass off and Jeno was about to smack the back of his head for being too loud. "Ow Jesus Je, chill." Mark grumbles and elbows his friend. Jaemin rolls his eyes and continues to struggle against Jisung's hold. He sometimes wondered how these three could even be mean, they were too much of dumbasses to even act edgy. Which unfortunately added to their charm, and how no one would suspect them of beating up a student every day after school.

Jaemin was brought out of his thoughts with a kick to his stomach. "C'mon Pinkie pie, don't zone out. You have us to entertain you!" Mark draws his foot back and Jeno smiles sickeningly. Jaemin glares at the boy standing above him.

"Let me go you asshat. Don't you get tired of this?"

"I won't get tired of it till I see you cry in pain." Jeno smirks and stuffs his hands in his pockets. He bends down so he was face to face with the pink haired boy.

"Not happening, sorry to crush your dreams." Jaemin spits right into Jeno's eye.

The black haired boy's smirk turns into a scowl, he stands up straight and turns to Mark. "Ruin him, I'm going to go wash my face off. I want to see bruises on him tomorrow." Jeno turns to Jaemin, death written in his eyes.

"Aye aye captain." Mark salutes playfully as Jeno walks off, grumbling and wiping his face with his sleeve. The Canadian boy turns to Jaemin, smiling wide. "Alrighty then Pinkie, let's have some fun."

<><>

Jaemin never remembers much after getting beat up. It's always fuzzy. It was always worse when Mark is the one to beat him up, he was the wild card. If Jaemin were to put labels on his three bullies, then it would probably make them seem like villains, but could you blame him?

Lee Jeno. The leader. He's known around school to be a charming and straight A student. Within the student body, though, he's known to be a player. He never sticks with one person for more than a month. He never cares about soulmates and Jaemin was glad. Whoever got that monster as their soulmate was one unlucky person.

Mark Lee. He is, as we said before, a wild card. He always has this look in his eyes whether you never know if he's joking around or going to punch up till you're black and blue. He keeps the students on their toes, and he draws the girls in because he is 'so mysterious'. The only thing people know about him is that he's Canadian. He's either your best friend or your worst enemy. No inbetween.

Park Jisung. He's young, but tough. What really hurt Jaemin, was that Jisung and Chenle were friends. They were in the same classes and had known each other since childhood. Jisung wasn't outwardly bad to Jaemin, but he wasn't a friend either. It was weird to have your bully be friends with your best friend. When Jisung and Jaemin were alone, the kid was a decent person. It made Jaemin pity the boy, that he was influenced by Mark and Jeno at such a young age. But the 16 year old made it up to Jaemin by staying behind and helping him clean the bruises or cuts he got whenever they had the chance.

Upon entering his house, Jaemin is brought into the arms of his brother, Taeyong. "Jesus Christ Nana. What did they do to you this time!?"

Jaemin lifts his shirt and Taeyong gasps. "Is it really that bad hyung? It doesn't even hurt anymore."

"Oh my god. We need to talk to the school Jaeminnie. Those boys can't keep doing this." Taeyong grabs the First Aid kit that he keeps in the kitchen and makes his brother sit on the counter.

"It's not like they're gonna do anything. They're too blinded by Jeno's charms." Jaemin winces as the cold disinfectant touches his skin.

"Well there has to be someone..."

"I mean, my history teacher, Kim Doyoung knows. But he can't do much except hide me in the morning." Jaemin sighs and sucks in his stomach as Taeyong wraps it.

"Alright...you're all cleaned up...You know I could start driving you to school if you want." Taeyong stands and smiles. "You're school is on my way to work anyways."

"I know...but it's ok. I like walking in the dark morning. It calms me and it's relaxing." Jaemin smiles and jumps off the counter, heading up to his room.

"Ok, but the offer still stands if you ever change your mind."

"I know, thank you hyung!" Jaemin calls down from his bedroom and then closes the door. He sits at his desk and takes out his homework. Sighing as he works on math problems, Jaemin continues to look at the time. The closer the clock ticked to 12 am, the closer Jaemin's birthday came. It was tomorrow and as soon as the clock struck 12, he would be 18. Which also meant that when his soulmate touched him for the first time, there would be a mark. It could take him literal years until he found his soulmate but he wasn't giving up hope. He could wait. He would wait.

Jaemin works late into the night, and eventually falls asleep on his textbooks at 11:45 pm. Taeyong comes in to check on him, sighing when he sees his brother hunched over his desk, asleep. He grabs a blanket and lays it over the small boy, patting his back and leaving the room after shutting off the lights.

<><>

<So here's the first official chapter. It's still kind of an introduction but I had to get the ball rolling somehow. Lmao so yeah I hope you like it>