<38>

<you chose 4>
is this what you wanted?

<><>

"Have you seen Jaemin anywhere today?" Donghyuk asks Chenle as they sit at the lunch table.

The chinese male shakes his head and swallows his food before responding. "No, he didn't answer my texts either."

"Hm, strange."

Renjun sits next to Jisung, placing his tray on the table. "I'm sure he's fine."

Donghyuk nods and turns to Jisung. "Do you know if something happened?"

"No, I spent the night at Chenle's last night." The youngest says with Chenle nodding along in agreement. Donghyuk sighs and shrugs. Jaemin is probably fine, maybe he just fell asleep late and slept in. Maybe he's got a fever.

<><>

Bigbro:
Jisung, i need you to come straight home after school today

Chickensung:
Ok? Why, what's wrong

Bigbro:
I'll tell you when I see you
Actually- i'll just pick you up from school

Chickensung:
....okay
You're kinda scaring me hyung

Bigbro:
Im sorry sungie :(
This is a serious thing though, so honestly, im scared to

Chickensung:
????

Bigbro:
I have to go
See you soon

Chickensung:
Bye...

Jisung puts his phone down, something was definitely wrong. But what?

<><>

Exiting the school gates, Jisung looks around for his brother's car. He smiles softly when he sees his older brother waiting in front of his vehicle.

"Hey hyung."

"Hey Sungie." Taeil ruffles the young boy's hair. "Get on in, and I'll explain everything on the way."

"Ok." Jisung unloads his stuff into the trunk of the car and climbs into the front seat. Taeil gets behind the wheel and they start driving...in the opposite direction of home. "Hyung? Where are we going?"

"The hospital Jisung. Jaemin's been hurt." Jisung's eyes widen in horror, but he lets the older boy continue. "He was working last night, I was there too but I was on the upper level. Anyways, apparently he was making sure all the computers were off when one of our coworkers, Jungwoo, accidentally let a cart full of books down the ramp. You know, the ramp for wheelchairs and stuff." He stops the car at a red light and sighs deeply. "The cart ran into the bookshelf that was behind the computer tables. The shelf fell on the computer and Jaemin." He pauses, both to gather himself and to start driving again. "Jaemin was knocked unconscious. He broke his right arm, got a minor concussion, and pulled a tendon in his thigh."

"O-oh my god.." Jisung could already tell he was crying.

"Yeah, he also bruises his ribs and sternum, but that's not a huge issue, so we aren't worried about that. He did need surgery on his wrist though, because apparently the break was really really bad....like, I don't even know how, but Jungwoo said he saw the bone, so...yeah....Taeyong and Jaehyun have been at the hospital all night. Jaemin is still unconscious. The doctors say he should wake up in a few days to two weeks. Jaemin will be ok but, it's still scary as hell."

"Why- why didn't you call me last night?"

"We didn't want to scare you. We had to figure a few things out first so we just let you be."

Jisung holds his head in his hands, tears streaming down his face. "H-how could this happen. For the second time in 3 years...Oh my god..What am I going to tell the others?" He turned to his brother who was parking the car.

"Think about that later. Let's just go in, come on Sungie." Taeil gets out of the car and the teenager follows. Jisung knew his brother was trying to keep it together for him, he didn't want to cry in front of his younger brother. Jisung and Taeil practically owed their lives to Jaemin and Taeyong. They couldn't bear it if Jaemin didn't make it through.

"No Jisung, don't think like that. He will be ok. He has to be ok." The young teenager says to himself.

Jisung gently grabs his brother's hand, giving it a squeeze.

"Hi, can I help you?" The desk lady smiles up at the two boys.

"Yeah, I'm looking for Na Jaemin. We're family friends."

The desk lady types a few things into her computer before pointing to the elevators. "He's on the second floor, room 319." She smiles and Taeil thanks her before leading Jisung to the elevator.

They wait for the ding before getting on, only 20 seconds later the elevator dings again. The two boys get off and turn left, following the arrows that the hospital has put up on signs.

"Hyung, I'm scared." Jisung looks up to his brother.

Taeil pats his head. "Me too Sungie. Now let's go in." He twists the doorknob and opens the door. Inside the room, Jisung can see Taeyong sitting by the medical bed, Jaehyun leaning against the wall. Taeil walks over and quietly talks to Jaehyun. Jisung closes the door behind him and turns to the bed; laying on the mattress, arms wrapped in bandages, IV's in his arms, blankets covering his frail body and eyes shut...

"Jaemin hyung..." Jisung walks over and stands behind Taeyong.

The older boy sighs and instinctively takes Jisung's hand in his own. "He hasn't moved at all. The heart monitor is the only thing keeping me sane."

"I'm so sorry hyung...That you have to go through this again." Jisung squats down so he's level with the bed. "When do you think he'll wake up."

Taeyong pats Jisung's head soothingly. "Soon....I hope he wakes up soon."

<><>

Jisung takes a deep breath before entering the cafeteria. When him, Taeil, Jaehyun, and Taeyong got home last night, his brothers told him their "plan".

"Jisung, do you think you could bring Donghyuk and Jeno home with you tomorrow after school? They deserve to know what's going on."

"What about the others?"

"They don't know Jaemin as well as Donghyuk, and Jeno is his soulmate."

"Do you think you can do it for us?"

"Yeah, I'll do it. You hyungs can count on me."

Jisung shakes his head, clearing it of his thoughts. It was now or never. He walks into the cafeteria and grabs his lunch tray. He looks across the room, eyes landing on a table where his friends sat. Smiling and laughing, not a care in the world. It made Jisung want to cry, but he held his tears in.

He thanks the lunch lady and makes his way to his friends, sitting down next to Chenle.

"So is Jaemin ok?" Was the first question he got from Donghyuk.

"U-uhm, yeah. Just...just under the weather." He puts up a clearly fake smile but no one questions him. "Actually, he wants to see Donghyuk hyung and Jeno hyung. So..can you walk home with me today? It would make Jaemin hyung really happy."

Jeno smiles, he missed his soulmate. "I don't see why not." Donghyuk nods along. Jisung sighs, clearing his head.

'Think about Jaemin hyung later. Just focus on the moment at hand and eat your food Jisung. Everything will be ok.'

<><>

<Hey guys...So y'all chose 4....goddamn gotta say I was laughing so hard. I mean, you really like to see Jaemin suffer, don't ya? Lmaoooo anyways, thank you for reading and for participating in the poll. I'll see you soon my Lovelies>