<30>

<><>

Jaemin happily plops himself down next to Jeno at the lunch table. His warm smile was practically blinding, causing Donghyuk to squint.

"What's gotten into you? Did Santa come early this year?"

"Nope!" Jaemin says, popping the 'p'. Yunho hyung said I could start working again." Jaemin states proudly. Jeno raises an eyebrow.

Donghyuk chokes and spits out his drink. "What? Why!? There's a huge-" He pauses, eyeing Jeno who was looking between the two of them with confusion. Donghyuk coughs into his fist. "Jaemin, let's go have a talk." He stands, and Jaemin does as well.

"Hyuk really, I'll be fine." He says, following his friend out of the lunch room.

Donghyuk stops and spins around once they're away from the cafeteria. "Why on earth would you want to work again? Was that coma and broken back not enough of a warning?"

"1. It was a medically induced coma, and two, it was a fracture of my T4 nerve vertebrae so-"

"So what, Jaemin. This is really risky, you know it's risky. Do you realize the more you get injured, the more likely you are to keep getting injured; each time worse and worse." Donghyuk sighs, sitting on the stairwell. Jaemin sits beside him. "Why are you even working again anyways?"

"Me, Taeyong, and Jaehyun hyung are in a tight spot financially, so I offered to help out like I did when I was younger. I'll just apply for something small." He puts his hand over his friend's knee comfortingly. "Hyuk, if I didn't know the risks, I wouldn't do it. I know it's kinda dangerous to start a job again, but I can do it. I've gotten stronger, literally and figuratively." He says softly.

"I know...I just don't want you to do something you'll regret. I can't have you die on me because you fell from a ladder." Donghyuk says quietly. It hurts Jaemin, to hear his friend so scared.

"Hyuk. I won't let that happen. Trust me, ok?"

"I do...I'm just worried." He looks up to the honey-haired boy.

Jaemin smiles. "I know, thank you. Come on," he says standing. "Let's head back to the lunch room. I'm starving and I wanna get back before Jeno eats my food for me."

<><>

"Hyung, I have two options to apply for: the library, or the grocery store where I used to work. Which do you think I should apply for? Or should I just apply for both..." Jaemin trails off, staring at his computer screen.

"Go for the library, I don't feel comfortable with you in that grocery store anymore." Taeyong says, exiting the kitchen. Jaemin pouts and looks up at his brother.

"But we got free chips."

"The library pays better anyways kid!" Jaehyun calls from upstairs. "And wasn't that the whole point of you getting a job?"

"Yeah...ok I'll apply for the library." Jaemin clicks on the link.

"Good." Taeyong leaves the living to get back to dinner. "That means Taeil can watch you."

"Hyung I'm not a little kid!" The younger whines.

"Never said you were Minnie." Taeyong laughs from the kitchen, making Jaemin groan.

<><>

"Hey angel.."

Jaemin looks up from his desks and turns to the boy on his bed. "Yeah?"

"What were you and Donghyuk talking about last week?" Jeno asks, putting his pen down.

Jaemin fully spins, now facing his soulmate fully. "What do you mean?"

"I mean about the whole job thing. And the Yunho guy. What's going on?"

"Oh." Jaemin's eyes widen. Fuck. "Yunho is my manager. I took work leave to focus on my studies...y-yeah! My studies...but uhm..I wanted to try working again and he said I could, so yeah! I'm working again." Jaemin smiles. Hell yeah, totally nailed that.

Jeno eyes him but nods his head nonetheless. "Alright. You'd tell me if something was wrong, right angel?"

"Of course I would baby."

I'm sorry I can't tell you. Not yet.

"I wouldn't hide something if it was super serious. I'm not doing that anymore."

Please understand, I'll be ok. I just don't want to think about my disease. Even for a moment, if I could just be normal, without someone knowing, then I'll be happy.

"Ok. I believe you, angel." Jeno smiles. Jaemin smiles back.

<><>

<AHAHA we getting deeeeeeeep. I won't give you the backstory to Jaemin's "incident" nor his disease, but you'll know all about it soon enough ;)) but, I feel the need to tell you that you have no reason to worry; Jaemin won't die. I couldn't do that to you guys. I really couldn't. So there won't be any deaths, youre welcome :) lmao ok see you soon my Lovelies>