<37>

<><>

"Mark, I'm so scared dude."

The Canadian sighs and puts his hand on his friend's shoulder. "You will be fine Jeno. It's in a week. Everything will go perfectly."

"I know...but still..."

"Jeno." Mark turned to his friend so they were looking each other in the eye. "Listen to me. He loves you. He may not have said it yet, but god damn it Jeno that's because he's scared. I know he loves you, and I know you love him. You both are scared, we can tell. But for the love of God Jeno, man up and ask him to be your fucking boyfriend. He won't say no. You know that he won't reject you. Look, I get that things are kinda wonky with you two, but you guys are literally meant to be. Take that fear, and turn it into excitement, ok?" Mark really wanted Jeno to see how much Jaemin loves him. He was tired of Jeno cowering away and just wanted his friend to face it all head on. Mark only wanted the best for Jeno. And in this case, 'the best' was Na Jaemin.

Jeno stands up straight and nods his head. "You're right."

"I know I am dumbass. Now let's finish our homework. Hyuk and Jaemin are coming over later and Hyuk will scold me if I haven't had my work done yet." Mark says, sitting at his desk. Jeno just laughs.

<><>

"Donghyuk!! Not that much salt you dumb nugget!" Jaemin shouts could be heard from the kitchen, Donghyuk's cackle not long after.

Jeno shakes his head. "I swear those two.."

"Brothers at heart." Mark says, shrugging.

Currently, Jeno and Mark were watching random youtube videos while Jaemin and Donghyuk were making dinner. Well, Jaemin was making dinner, Donghyuk was just fucking around. The two had arrived at Mark's house a half hour ago, and Jaemin insisted on making dinner. Donghyuk had offered to watch him because he's OvErPrOtEcTiVe and didn't want Jeno to seem like a third wheel.

"Have you heard anything from your mom?" Mark suddenly asks, turning to his friend.

Jeno shrugs. "One of her coworkers called last week; turns out that guy mom brought in that night soon became her boyfriend. She's still a drunk fuck, but at least someone is taking care of her." He pauses, remembering what the coworker said. "That isn't what hurts though...when I asked if my mom was looking for me, her coworker said that my mom has no recollection of me. Much less is she looking for me."

"Jeno..."

"She told me that she asked my mom if she was worried about me. My mom just gave a blank stare and said 'I have a son?'. That....that's what really hurts Mark. She doesn't care. All my hope for that is gone now."

"I'm sorry....but, you have someone in your life who will care for you. Who will always stay by your side, no matter what. Through thick and thin. They care for you Lee Jeno."

Jeno gives his friend a slightly confused smile. "Who? You?" But Mark just shakes his head.

"Guys." Jaemin pops his head into the living room. "Dinner's ready. Wash your hands." He then leaves back to the kitchen. Mark nods his chin in Jaemin's direction, making Jeno laugh and shake his head. Of course, Jeno was being so stupid. He had Na Jaemin now. His angel cared for him, and that was more than enough.

<><>

Jeno slowly opens his eyes, still squinting at the sunlight that came through the window curtains. He hears a shuffle and the soft feeling of moving hair under his chin causes him to look down. There was a boy in his arms. Soft, honey colored hair. Pink, pouty lips. Long, black eyelashes. Soft breaths hitting Jeno's collarbone. Hands curled against his chest. Legs tangled. Jeno was holding an angel in between his arms.