<3>

<><>

Jaemin had been staying home for the past 2 days. Jaehyun and Taeyong had been taking care of him, and making sure his injuries were healing. His black eye was healing, his bruises were fading, but that mark on his cheek...it didn't leave his skin no matter what. When Jaemin tried to conceal it for his first day back at school, it didn't work. It's as if the makeup disappeared.

Sighing, Jaemin lets it be. It wasn't a huge deal, but he didn't like where it was placed. Under his eye, next to his mouth, in the middle of his cheek. It covered all the way down to his jaw- cutting off as if his jawline was a cliff and the rest of the black marking fell off it. But what annoyed and scared Jaemin the most, was that it was the shape of a fist and it was in the same exact place where Jeno had punched him only a few days before.

It was merely a hunch, but all would be revealed if Jeno's knuckles were stained with the mark as well.

<><>

"Hyung! Where have you been!?" Chenle rushes to his friend, arms open for a hug.

Jaemin smiles and laughs. "I wasn't feeling well...don't worry I'm all better now." He assures Chenle, patting the younger's head lightly.

Chenle looks up smiling wide. He gasps. "Your cheek! Oh my god did you find your soulmate? Who is it? Tell me tell me tell me!" The boy jumps up and down in excitement. He bounces after Jaemin who was making his way towards class.

"I'm not sure...I have an idea."

"What do you mean 'you're not sure'? You were there." Chenle rolls his eyes.

"I kinda passed out when it happened..." Jaemin chuckles and rubs his neck. He sits down at his desk and Chenle stands in front of him.

"Passed out? Damn hyung, your soulmate must be pretty spicy then." He smirks before letting his dolphin laugh take over his voice.

Jaemin groans and puts his face in his hands. "Maybe if he was actually pretty kind then he would be 'spicy'."

"Le gasp! It's a guy?" Chenle slams his hands on the table, eyes wide.

"Not sure but yeah...I think so..."

A string of incoherent noises come out of Chenle's mouth before a quick "oh shit gotta go to class. Bye hyung!" Was said as he ran out of the room. Jaemin just waves his hand, his eyes now looking out the window. He continues to stare as the rest of the students come in. He stares as the teacher starts his class. He stares as the homework is passed out. He stares as the bell rings and the students leave. Only when the classroom is empty does Jaemin finally tear his eyes away from the squirrel running up the Oak tree outside his window. He looks around the now silent room, the desks and chairs put neatly back in rows.

He gets up and begins to pack his things, he was in no rush since he had a free period right now. He decides, as he walks to his locker, to head out to the garden. He puts his bag away, and walks down the hall towards the exit to the garden. A few students lingered here or there, all enjoying their free period. A few were eating some food they bought, others were studying, and some were just playing around and being silly.

He opens the doors to the garden and makes his way to the back bench, sighing happily when he sees no one else around. He sits down and takes out his earbuds once again. He turns on his Day6 playlist [stan day6 or gibby will have your knees] and closes his eyes. Happy and tranquil in the garden.

That was until an earphone was ripped from his ear. Jaemin opens his eyes in shock- coming face to face with Jisung and Jeno. "You- You little ass!" The older boy was about to punch Jaemin but Jisung help him back.