<25>

<><>

Jaemin and Donghyuk spent the next few minutes setting up the guest room to make it comfortable for Jeno. They didn't know how long he would be staying with Mark, so they set did their best with the limited information they had.

Jaemin had just walked into the kitchen when the front door opened, revealing Mark and Jeno carrying a duffel bag and backpack. Jaemin's eyes widen. "Hyuk! They're here!" He calls up, running to grab the duffel bag from Mark's hand. "You two come in quickly, it's supposed to get cold tonight. The guest room is all ready." The two boys only nod and make their way into the house. Donghyuk comes downstairs, a worried expression on his face.

"You guys get everything? Did you make it here ok?"

"Yeah." Mark says. He turns to Jeno. "You can head upstairs man...I'm sure you want some time alone. I'll bring your stuff up later." Jeno nods and makes his way down the hall towards the stairs.

Once the other three were sure he was in his room, they sat down in the living room. Donghyuk and Jaemin look at Mark expectantly. He sighs. "I don't even really know how to say this...aish..." He scratches the back of his head, his eyes facing downwards. "Well, we all know about his...mom, right?" The other two nod. "Well, she...she came home with a stranger tonight. Which doesn't seem so bad in hindsight but it made Jeno snap. He's reached his breaking point. I don't think it was the actual guy, but the fact that his mom was being so careless and disregarding her son is what set him off. He called me, I went over and helped him out, and here we are." Mark says, folding his arms over his chest. "Honestly, I'm surprised he lasted this long. If that was my mom or dad, I would have been out of the house years ago. He's a strong guy...but he finally snapped." Mark shakes his head. Silence falls over the room as Donghyuk and Jaemin process the new information.

"He doesn't deserve that." Donghyuk sighs sadly. Jaemin nods his head in agreement.

"Jaemin," Mark speaks up after a few minutes of silence. "Do you...want to check on him?"

"Would he want to see anyone right now?"

"Not sure but...Well, his stuff needs to be brought up anyways."

Jaemin stands and nods, grabbing the two bags. "I'll be down in a few."

<><>

Jaemin knocks on the door quietly. He waits a moment before poking his head in. The table lamp was on and Jeno was sitting on the edge of the bed, just staring off into space. It was clear he'd been crying, his eyes were red and puffy. His cheeks were tear stained and his lips swollen from biting them.

"Je?" Jaemin quietly enters the room and puts Jeno's bags on the floor beside the bed. He goes to stand in front of the boy. "Jeno?" he squats down, his hand on the other's knees. "Jeno can you please look at me baby?" The older's gaze fixes downwards, finally noticing the boy in the room. Tears immediately well up in Jeno's eyes, and fall down his face a second later. Jaemin brings him in for a hug and let's Jeno silently cry into his shirt.

It wasn't a loud cry, or a hiccupy one. It was a silent, pained cry. The kind of crying where you scream so loud but make no sound. The kind of crying where your heart feels like it's being torn. The kind of crying that makes you just want to give up.

Jeno's body shook and Jaemin held him tighter, whispering soothing words into Jeno's ear. It took Jaemin a good ten minutes before he finally got Jeno to calm down and breathe again. And another 10 minutes for him to look at Jaemin. "Baby I'm so sorry..."

I...E-everything...hurts...." Jeno whispers out.

Jaemin nods and brings his hands to cup the boy's face. "I know it does, and I wish I could do so much to help you and make you smile. I hate seeing you like this. And I don't know what to do in situations like this, I really don't. But what I do know is that I am here for you. Always and forever. And I can promise you that things will get better. Even if life seems so horrible right now. And even if everything is against you, it will always get better. And I'm here to help you. So is everyone else. Mark, Donghyuk, Jisung...everyone, ok?" Jeno sniffs. "I need you to nod your head for me baby. It will get better and you will be better, ok?" This time Jeno nods.

"Ok..."

Jaemin smiles. "I know life is shitty. I've had my fair share of the dark times, trust me. But Jeno, that house isn't your home. I know you feel obligated to stay there and care for that woman, but don't you see how miserable it's making you? Jeno I know that you want to care for her but it's not healthy anymore. That isn't a good living situation, and you know I'm right. You leaving is a sign that things are looking up for you. You've made a choice and I'm proud of you for it. It is going to be hard for a while but you can do this, ok? You can push through. And we're here to help you, we'll stick by you. I'll stick by you, ok? Id there is ever a moment where you feel like falling, know that I'll be there to catch you. If there is ever a time where you feel so weak that
you can't keep going, I'll be there to nurse you back to health. If there is ever a time where you want to give up, I'll be there to show life is truly worth living. It's hard, but it's so worth it. It will be ok, you hear me baby? You will be ok." Jaemin puts their foreheads together, eyes shut. Jeno hugs him gently, just wanting something to hold onto. Something to grasp for when he falls.

"Thank you Jaemin." Is all he can say, and even that is barely audible.

Jaemin leans up to kiss Jeno's forehead. "Of course baby. I'm here for you. Always and forever." And Jeno just hugs him tighter, not wanting to let go. For if he did, he's scared he may never be able to hold on anymore.

<><>

<Happy Discount Chocolate day my Lovelies! I hope you like this chapter, it's not my best but I am trying. ALSO WTF THANK YOU FOR 3K SFHOIRFHE I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! See you soon my Lovelies>