<26>

<><>

Jaemin comes downstairs a few minutes later. He sees Mark and Donghyuk in the kitchen and sighs. "He's asleep now. Clearly exhausted, he probably won't wake up for a good while." He fully enters the kitchen and sits at one of the barstools.

Mark pats his back. "You two should go home. I can take care of Jeno. It's late and you both have done so much, I'm sure you're tired." He kisses Donghyuk on the cheek and leads the two boys to the door. They smile weakly at him.

"You can by tomorrow. Spring break starts Friday but I think ours can start a little early." Mark smiles gently and closes the door, leaving Jaemin and Donghyuk to go home.

The two walk down the sidewalk, one worried for his friends, the other scared for his soulmate. Jaemin looks up to the sky and sighs. "I'm lost Hyuk. I really want to help him but I just don't know how. He's in pain, and it hurts that I can't do anything about it. It's so frustrating."

Donghyuk stops walking and looks back at his friend, a sad smile on his face. "The best you can do for him, is be there. I know it's hard and that you feel helpless for him, but just show him that you're there, and trust that he will get better. That's all you can do for now. And when he's ready, he'll come back. Come on now, let's head home." He stretches his hand out and Jaemin takes it. The two continue walking down the street, the calm night taking over their thoughts as it gets darker and darker.

<><>

"Can...can I ask you something?" Jeno looks up to the boy who was brushing through his hair.

Jaemin stops running his fingers along Jeno's scalp and looks down, making eye contact with him. "What do you want to know?" He raises an eyebrow.

Jeno sighs and looks back at his hands. "I...how did...You know...they..." He fumbles with his sentence, clearly nervous. Jaemin smiles softly, patiently waiting.

"Take your time baby."

The older boy takes a deep breath. "How did your parents die?" He looks up to Jaemin's surprised face. "Sorry, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I was just curious, it's ok really I-"

"No it's alright. I don't mind telling you. It's not crazy tragic or anything." Jaemin chuckles lightly and continues to run his hand through Jeno's hair. "My parents were both doctors, and good ones at that. They would travel around the world to help other countries who were being plagued by sickness. Taeyong was 15 at the time and I was 9. They flew to America to help the doctors control the 2009 Swine Flu. Of course, being a version of the flu, it was highly contagious. And if not treated well or caught fast enough, it could be fatal. Well, my dad caught it from a patient he was treating, and that led to my mom being around him and treating him. She then caught it, and to wrap the story up, they both died of the flu. Trying to save others and themselves." Jaemin smiles softly, remembering his loving parents. "Because Taeyong was still underaged and still had a year to go before he could legally work, we moved in with some family friends. Once Taeyong turned 16, he immediately began working. He was able to get into college on a full 4 year scholarship. Once I turned 16, I began working as well. He graduated college with honors and with Jaehyun. They were majoring in the same thing and both immediately began working at their current job. All three of us started in a small, 2 bedroom apartment, with all 3 of us splitting the rent. Taeyong and Jaehyun saved up enough money to buy a house, which is where we live today. I was forced to quit my job due to..." He pauses nervously.

"Due to what?"

"Uhm, Taeyong didn't want me to feel responsible for the family money so he told me to quit my job and I did." Jaemin takes a breath. Barely dodged that one. "We moved into that house 2 years ago. The end." He smiles down at Jeno, who looks up at him with eyes of wonder. Jaemin coos at the boy in his arms, Jeno having the face of a little kid.

"You endured all that?"

"Well I don't think endured would be the right word, but yeah."

"And I was so horrible to you..." Jeno looks down at his lap guiltily. "I'm sorry Nana..."

Jaemin sighs. "I've forgiven you Jeno. You know this. Please, let's not dwell on the past, alright?" He tilts Jeno's head to face him when he doesn't get an answer. "Ok?"

"Ok."

Jaemin smiles and gives Jeno a quick peck on the lips. "Thank you baby."

<><>

Jaemin stretches, walking into the school building. Spring break had ended a week ago, and everyone was getting back into their regular schedules. Which meant back to homework, exams, tests, and all that "fun" stuff.

Jaemin sits at his desk, smiling when he sees Jeno already there. The boy looks to him and ruffles his hair. "Morning Angel."

"Morning baby." He yawns again, laying his head on the desk, Jeno's hand still running through his hair. It was comforting to see Jeno happy again.

Slowly but ever so surely, Jeno was getting better. He stopped worrying about his mom and just hoped that whoever she brought home that night wasn't a murderer. He was enjoying life again, happy to be where he was with the people he loved. He was still working at the convenience store, even if he didn't really need to anymore. But he liked the night shift because Jaemin would always come in and spend time with him so it wasn't so lonely. The two still weren't official, but Jeno was trying really hard of a way to think of asking out Jaemin. He, of course, knew the boy would say yes, but he still wanted it to be special. Or at least, as special as he could make it.

Both their marks were fading, they were still visible just not as strong as before. And Jeno wanted to ask Jaemin out before the marks fully faded. Or he would try to at least, that idea was still a bit rocky.

Kim Doyoung comes in and class starts, taking Jeno out of his thoughts and his hand out of Jaemin's hair.

<><>

<Aight this is shittyyy but i needed this resolution to kinda totally happen lmao. I have maybe 1 or 2 more "bumps" left before this book ends, but it is slowly coming down to the ending point. I really have enjoyed writing this book and I'm so glad you all continue to read and love this book, it makes me so happy. I've been a little unmotivated these past few weeks but I will keep updating because that's what you all deserve. I love you!! See you soon my Lovelies>