<41>

<><>

Taeyong sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. Yunho puts a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Taeyong, I really am. I wish there was more I could do...But with how things are going, if Jaemin doesn't wake up within the next week, we'll need to start thinking of taking him off the life support. It's been almost a month."

Taeyong nods. "I know...I understand. Thank you for all you've done Yunho, it really means a lot."

Yunho smiles softly before continuing to update Taeyong on the situation. He looks down at the clipboard in his hands and sighs. "His heart rate has lessened significantly. He's barely holding on..." Taeyong can feel the tears stinging his eyes but he doesn't let them fall. He has to be strong, for everyone.

Yunho puts the clipboard down and sighs. "But, he's a strong kid Taeyong. He has a will of iron, he wouldn't go down without a fight. Jaemin is hanging on, and that's all you need to keep believing in him. Keep your chin up Taeyong, Jaemin will make it. He's going to be ok. I need to go see a few other patients, but if anything happens then just call for me." Yunho smiles one last time before walking off down the hall of the hospital.

Taeyong lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Jesus..." He ruffles his hair and wipes his tears before entering Jaemin's medical room. He walks over to Jaehyun, grasping the boy's hand tightly. "How is he?"

"Same as he's been for the past few weeks." Jaehyun turns to his boyfriend. "What did Dr. Jeong say?"

"Uhm..." Taeyong knew he shouldn't lie, but Jisung was in the room and the young boy was already hurting enough. Taeyong couldn't add to that. "Yunho said he was doing good, and that he's getting stronger." Jaehyun nods, clearly not believing him, making Taeyong sigh. "Look, I don't want to say it with Jisung around. It could honestly break the boy..."

"Alright, we'll talk when we get home. For now, let's just be here with Jaemin. Ok?" Jaehyun smiles softly, and Taeyong nods.

<><>

Jisung wakes up at midnight to hushed voices in the living room. He sneaks his way downstairs and peers around the wall to see his brothers all sitting on the couch, discussing what Jisung assumed to be, Jaemin. Rubbing his eyes, Jisung sits at the bottom of the stairs so that his brothers couldn't see him but so he could hear them.

"....You're kidding right?"

"No...If anything, Jaemin is slowing down. Yunho said his heart rate has decreased to a worrisome level. It'll be a miracle at this point if he wakes up." Jisung can hear Taeyong sigh.

"God damn it..."

"There has to be something we can do, they can't just take him off life support because he didn't wake up fast enough!"

"Quiet your voice Jaehyun, Jisung is still asleep upstairs."

"Sorry...but there has to be something we can do."

"Hope...We can hope." Jisung couldn't take it anymore, he couldn't stand to hear it. He quickly runs upstairs, his tears falling down his face in waterfalls.

He jumps onto his bed and silently cries into his pillow. "Please hyung...please just wake up...Don't leave us..."

<><>

Jisung sighs and holds tightly to Jaemin's hand. He had been visiting the boy everyday after school and would stay as late as he could. It was a friday night and Jisung had visited Jaemin with Jeno and Donghyuk. His brothers were outside, talking to the doctors and discussing "grown-up stuff" as Taeil put it.

Jisung stands and turns to the other two boys sitting around the room. Donghyuk was staring off into space, his elbows on his knees and his hands clasped together. Jeno was leaning against the wall beside him, eyes not leaving Jaemin's face. His hands were in his pockets, but Jisung could tell they were shaking.

"I'm..." The two boys quickly look to him. "I'm going to get something from the vending machine, do you- do you want anything?" But they only shake their heads in response. Jisung sighs again and leaves the room. He looks down the hall, seeing his brothers and Yunho all talking and looking at the doctor's clipboard. Jisung turns the other way and hurries down the hall.

Jeno watches the door close before turning to the boy sitting next to him. "You look tired, Hyuk...you should sleep."

The younger boy sighs and nods his head. "Yeah..I just might do that." He lays his head on the bed by Jaemin's arm and falls asleep in an instant. Jeno chuckles before walking around to the other side of the bed and sitting on the chair. He gently holds his soulmate's hand and smiles softly.

"Angel...I need you to wake up. I need you...please don't leave us, ok Angel? We need you back..." His tears silently fall as his body shakes ever so slightly. "Please...Angel....Come back to us..."

<><>

Jaemin's shoulders hurt like hell. Guess that's what happens when you've been lying in the same position for almost a month. His neck hurt too, but that might just be because the nurses haven't changed the pillows yet. Jaemin knew something was definitely wrong, because
A) His arm hurt like a bitch
B) He couldn't hear, feel, or see anything
C) He couldn't move
D) He was tired, so extremely tired

It was slightly worrying, but he couldn't get his thoughts in order, everything was all jumbled up in his mind and it was giving him a killer headache. Plus this whole "black abyss" thing was getting kinda boring. Like, Jaemin just wanted to see his friends and family again. He knew they were hurting, mainly because he hadn't been awake for god knows how long. Jaemin just wanted to be ok again.

"I just want my hyung back...please..."

"Angel...I need you to wake up. I need you...please don't leave us, ok Angel?"

"Jaeminnie, you need to wake up kid...please just wake up."

Jaemin squeezes his eyes shut, his headache is getting really bad now. 'For fucks sake Jaemin, suck it up and open your goddamn eyes!'

Groaning a bit and trying his best to not tire himself out, Jaemin slowly lifts his eyelids. It was dark, but not like how it was before. It wasn't a pure sea of nothing, no, it was more of a midnight blue. There was a slight breeze coming from his left which Jaemin assumed was a window. He shifts his eyes around the room, there was a lump of something on his left and two tall figures standing in the corner.

'What kind of horror movie am I in?'

He looks to his right and sees the open window with the moonlight coming in. A few seconds later, his hearing starts coming back to him. He could hear the beep of a heart monitor, the whispering voices of those two things in the corner and the soft snores of the lump beside him. And last but not least, Jaemin can finally feel things again. Something was gripping his hands tightly, but not enough to hurt him. His arm, now that he could look at it, was covered in bandages, and by what he could feel, so was his chest. Unfortunately, he still had his headache.

"For fucks sake, I need some goddamn excedrin." Jaemin whispers to himself, barely even audible to himself. He didn't realize how weak his voice was. Or how weak his whole body was. But his eyes worked, and that was enough to help him learn about the situation.

After fully adjusting to the dark atmosphere, Jaemin can now say for sure that it's Taeyong and Jaehyun whispering in the corner. Their backs were turned to him, meaning they had no idea he was awake. The body sleeping in the chair beside him was a bit easier to recognize. The fluffy black hair, the quiet snores, the soft hand, it was definitely Jeno.

"Angel...please..." Jaemin raises a brow gently at the boy's sleeptalk. So this was the voice he had been hearing. Jeno softly squeezes his hand, eyes still shut tight. Jaemin, getting tired of being ignored, squeezes it back.

<><>

<Lmaoooo He's awake bitches. I told YOU i told you I wouldn't kill him :') anyways uhm hi?? Almost 20k?? Tf?? Damn I love yall so much :(( OK ALSO RENJUN IS 20 NOW I AM NOT OK😔😔 DREAM ERA RENJUN IS OVER WJFJEJD I may or may not be crying:( I'll see you soon my Lovelies>