<7>

<><>

Jaemin walks through the hallways of his school happily. Donghyuk came back two weeks ago and since then, things have seemed so much brighter. It was easier to get up in the morning, and he found himself actually enjoying his classes for once. Heck, even dealing with Jeno was getting easier. Although he was still a total asshole.

Jaemin knew something had happened to Jeno...he could feel it. And as much as he didn't want to care, his "soulmate instincts", as Donghyuk called it, made him worry. He never said anything though, never questioned why Jeno would come in late with his eyes bloodshot from crying. Never questioned why the older was less snarky towards him and seemed to have just given up instead. Jaemin didn't question the silence, or the tiredness. He didn't think about Jeno's prominent eye bags or messy bedhead every day. Whatever was happening with Jeno didn't concern Jaemin, nor did he want it to. Jeno said not to talk to him unless necessary, and this wasn't necessary.

Jaemin closes his locker and swings his backpack over his shoulders, making his way towards the school exit. He stepped out onto the pavement and made his way towards the gates, taking out his phone in the process.

Jae, Jae & Tae

Nana:
Hyungs,, do you want me to pick up some food while I walk home ?

Taeyongie:
....me and jae were actually planning on going out tonight,, sorry kid

Jeffrey:
You can buy yourself some ramen or kimchi right? Or if you want we can bring you home some dinner...although that might be a wait

Nana:
Oh okie
I'll just buy smth for myself,, but bring me back some dessert (unless its fancy, i dont want fancy)

Taeyongie:
거기 I fancy you
Sorry :)))
But sure lmao we'll see what we can get

Jeffrey:
Sound good kid ?

Nana:
Yeah
I'll see you guys later tonight then :)

Jaemin locks his phone and makes his way down the road towards the local convenience store, deciding to just pick up some doritos and whatever else came to his fancy.

Walking into the store, Jaemin hears a groan and a "oh you have got to be kidding me." He raises an eyebrow and turns to the store front...and there stands Jeno at the cash register. Glaring right at Jaemin. The younger rolls his eyes and just goes to grab the snacks he wanted.

Jeno sits at the register, waiting for nothing more than to go home to his room where he can do his work and eat his popcorn in peace. He knew his mom wasn't home tonight, so he didn't have to worry about dealing with her. His stomach grumbles, echoing through the store, Jeno just groans in response.

Jaemin grabs his food and heads back towards the front and shifts his backpack before handing over the money to the not-so happy Jeno.

"Any day you could come in here and it just had to be the one day I work." Jeno mutters under his breath, not caring if Jaemin heard. He did, though.

"Well apologies, Not my fault my brother went out tonight." Jaemin snaps back, grabbing the plastic bag from Jeno's hand. He leaves the store in a hurry, ready to head home and eat his food.

The older rolls his eyes and sighs, watching his soulmate's receding figure before looking back down at the counter. His eyes widen when he sees a bag of doritos laying in front of him. Written on the bag in sharpie, messy enough that Jeno knew that it was written quickly, was a note.