<31>

<><>

Jaemin and Taeyong walk into the doctor's office quietly, not wanting to disturb any other patients. Jaemin happily hops onto the medical bed and Taeyong sits in the guest chair, both waiting for Yunho.

It's been a week since Jaemin started working at the library, and he agreed with Dr. Jeong, to come in every week for a check in until Yunho says Jaemin is fully stable enough. Jaemin still hadn't told Jeno about his medical issue, and he made Donghyuk promise not to tell anyone else.

"Welcome back Jaemin and Taeyong. I see no Jaehyun?" Yunho smiles widely as he walks into the room.

Taeyong shakes his head. "He had to stay back at work."

"I see, well, let's get right into it!" He takes out his clipboard and sits down on the spinny chair, facing Jaemin. "How have you been feeling? Does anything feel strained or pressured? Are you keeping up with your work ok?"

"Yeah everything is fine." Jaemin smiles proudly. "And work has been easy, nothing hard or straining."

"Glad to hear it. But we still need to follow protocol. So, Jaemin, if you could follow me to do some tests, and Taeyong, if you could stay here; we'll be right back." Yunho stands and leaves the room with Jaemin in tow.

<><>

Jeno looks up from his homework when the bell for the convenience store rings, signaling a customer. The person wears a hood and heads down the chip aisle and Jeno goes back to his homework.

"Do you want regular doritos, or spicy ranch?" The customer's voice calls. Jeno laughs, now recognizing the voice as Jaemin.

"Regular is fine." Jeno smiles, taking the two doritos bags and scanning them through. "Shouldn't you be asleep angel?"

Jaemin shakes his head and opens his bag, stuffing his face with chips. "Why would I be?" He hops onto the counter and swings his legs over so he's sitting criss-cross (applesauce).

"You went to work right after school, and then I assume you did all your homework. I'd think you'd be exhausted." Jeno leans his chin onto his hands and looks up softly at his soulmate.

"Mmm, I don't know. I'm not that tired. It's the library, so it's nothing crazy." He tosses a chip into the air and does a small dance when he catches in his mouth.

"Careful angel, you might choke." The older boy laughs and reaches up to ruffle Jaemin's hair.

The honey-haired boy smiles. "I'll be fine Je." He throws another chip into his mouth. Jeno hums in response, closing his eyes as Jaemin begins to softly sing a song.

"Baby, it's 3:00 a.m.
Had you on my mind
And it's not the first time we've gone through this
Wanting you more and more
I can't help but think of what we could be..." He trials off as he finishes his bag of chips.

Jeno opens his eyes and looks up to Jaemin. After a pause, he taps his lips, making the younger boy laugh.

"You want a kiss? But I just ate a ton of chips." He chuckles and throws the chip bag away.

"Do I look like I care?"

This makes Jaemin laugh again and shake his head. "You big baby." Is what he says before leaning in and savoring the touch of Jeno's lips on his own. Jaemin loved moments like these, where the world was soft and light. Where nothing seemed to be out of place and everything was right. In these moments, Jaemin forgets all his problems and worries; glad to just be here with Jeno softly, lightly, happily.

"But the saddest part is...is that he hasn't even said 'I love you' to you..."

Jaemin's eyes widen and he jolts awake. It was a dream, it was all a dream. He wasn't with Jeno at the store. He wasn't eating doritos. He wasn't kissing Jeno. It was all just a dream. A fantasy....but that voice...those words...were real. Seongji's words still taunted Jaemin. Still showed him that he wasn't enough for Jeno yet. He wasn't loved yet. He wasn't Jeno's yet...

Jaemin pulls his knees to his chest and begins to cry. His sobs wrack his small frame as he shakes slightly on his bed. It was only 2 am, and here Jaemin was, crying on his bed about his soulmate. His mark was almost gone, it was fading so much faster than Jeno's. Why? Why couldn't Jaemin be loved yet? Why did he still have to wait so long? Jaemin knew he loved Jeno, but the older boy wasn't ready yet. Jeno didn't love him yet. And it hurt Jaemin, it hurt him so much. It hurt not ot be called Jeno's officially. It hurt to not be able to say 'I love you'. It hurt to know that his soulmate. His one true love, didn't love him yet. It really, truly, horribly hurt. And Jaemin didn't know what to do about it.

<><>

<Hey guys, sorry this is so short, life's been pretty fricken trashy lately. But whatever uhm can I just say thANK YOU FOR 8K READS FUGODIEHFO WHAT THE ACTUALY FUCKING FUCK!?!? I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OH MY GOD YALL ARE AMAZING AND DESERVE THE WORLD GEOHDOWGFOEFH thank you, it really makes me smile to see how much you guys enjoy this :)) I hope you continue reading and enjoying my book because I enjoy your comments and love that you give this story. Thank you again and I'll see you soon my Lovelies>