<39>

< please read the a/n at the end. Thank you >

<><>

Jisung waits for Jeno and Donghyuk at the school gates. His nerves were on fire, scared of both their reactions. He felt bad for lying to them but he really had no choice. Jisung sighs and tightens his grip on the straps of his backpack.

"Jisung!" The boy turns to whoever called his name. He sees Jeno and Donghyuk walking towards him, not a care in the world. It only made him more nervous. "Lead the way Sungie."

"Y-yeah..." Jisung musters up a smile and begins walking the way home. 

<><>

Jisung, Jeno, and Donghyuk step into the house to find Jaehyun, Taeyong, and Taeil silently sitting around the kitchen.

"Hyungs, I'm home." Jisung puts his back down, signaling for the other two do to so as well. "How is he doing?"

Taeyong sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. He was clearly exhausted. "Same as he was yesterday." Jisung nods in understanding. He turns back to the other two teenagers and gestures for them to sit at the counter, joining them himself.

"Ok...what did Jisung tell you?"

Jeno raises a brow. "He said that Jaemin was under the weather and wanted to see me and Hyuk....but I'm assuming that was a lie."

Taeyong nods. He leans against the opposite counter, and looks to Jaehyun. He just couldn't do it, he couldn't bear to tell these two about Jaemin.

Sighing, Jaehyun stands in front of the three school boys. "Jisung already knows everything but we thought it would be good to let you two know what's going on as well. There was an accident at work the other night, a shelf fell on him along with a computer because a cart ran down a ramp or something...the 'how' isn't the important part. But...." Jaehyun takes a moment to look at his feet. He gathers himself before speaking again, looking at both Jeno and Donghyuk. "Jaemin got horribly injured. He has another concussion, minor but still...He broke his right arm. They did surgery on it because the bone was sticking out. He bruised his ribs and sternum and he pulled a tendon in his thigh." Jaehyun sighs, not able to continue.

"He's at the hospital right now and is still unconscious. The doctors said he would wake up in a few days to two weeks...Jaemin is going to be ok but...we don't know what consequences this will cause for him." Taeil finishes.

A thick silence falls over the 6 boys; the older ones not able to look the highschoolers in the eye.

Donghyuk laughs dryly with tears running down his face. "I- I told him not to s-start working again...now look what his stubborn ass has gotten himself into..."

"It's the library...how can someone even get hurt there..?" Jeno asks to no one in particular.

"I'm sorry...I wish we had better news for you but we don't."

Jeno looks up to Jaehyun, tears stinging his eyes. "How long will he be at the hospital?"

The older boy shrugs. "Until he wakes up, and then they may keep him there for a while more. It's all very hazy right now, and we're all confused. No one's sure what's going to happen honestly." Jeno nods and lowers his head.

"We planned to leave at around 4:15 to see him, so in like 2 minutes. You guys are welcome to join us, but we understand if it's too much for you." Taeyong says, going to grab his car keys.

"No." Jeno looks to Donghyuk, who just nods. "We want to go."

Taeil nods. "Well, we're all going now, so pick a car to ride in." he turns to his brother. "Do you want to come again?" Jisung only nods, he's been silent the whole time and it was a bit worrying but his brothers couldn't blame him.

They split up the ride so Jeno was with Taeil and Jisung while Donghyuk was with Taeyong and Jaehyun.

<><>

"Ah Taeyong, I'm glad you're here. I need to talk with you about a few things." A tall man with a white lab coat says, walking up to Taeyong. He held a sad smile on his face as he brought the man into a hug.

"Yunho, how is he?"

"He's on the same streak as yesterday. Nothing new, whether it be good or bad, has happened. But you and I really need to talk."

Taeyong nods and turns, gesturing at Jaehyun to go ahead.

The now 5 boys head up to the second floor and Jaehyun leads them to a door. He opens it, the same sight reaching his eyes as yesterday.

"Jesus christ..." Donghyuk sighs, walking to stand next to his unconscious friend. Jeno stands next to him. He knew both him and Donghyuk were crying, seeing Jaemin lying there. His arms were tightly bandaged, the IV's pumping fluid into his arms at an even rate. His clothes shed away for a hospital gown. His eyes shut gently, letting his lashes fan over his cheek bones. His lips were slightly paled and chapped. His hair fell gently around his head, framing his face softly.

"He hasn't moved since he was put here." Jisung says, appearing next to Jeno. The black-haired boy looks at him, sighing when he sees the young boy was crying as well. Jeno brings Jisung into a side hug. "I know they said that he would be ok, but I can't help but to be scared..."

Jeno gently shushes the boy. "I know Jisung...I know."

Taeyong quietly enters the room and walks over to Jaehyun and Taeil. They begin to speak in hushed voices, not wanting the younger boys to overhear.

"What did Yunho need to talk to you about?"

"He wanted to talk with me about how we would handle Jaemin once he was fully healed. He's already not allowed to play sports, and now he definitely isn't allowed to work. But he was saying that he might have to stop walking to school, or at least walk with someone. And he said that we shouldn't let Jaemin do any heavy lifting, you know?"

"That makes sense..."

"He's gonna hate that though."

"I know, I did try to reason with Doctor Jeong but in the end, he's right. I can't have this happen for a third time. Heck he may not even survive. Yunho said it was a miracle that Jaemin is still alive."

"For fucks sake."

"I know, ok I know...but for now, we should just be here to take care of Jaemin and Jisung. Let's worry about the consequences later." Taeyong says, but his two friends knew he was barely keeping it together. The three of them turn to the younger boys, who were silently sitting around Jaemin's bed. Donghyuk was staring intently at his friend's face. Jeno was holding Jaemin's hand and side hugging Jisung. The youngest boy was crying silently and was staring off into space.

"The next few weeks are really going to test those three boys..." Taeil says softly. The other two just sigh and nod. It would be hard on all of them.

<><>

<Hey guys, here's another sad-ass chapter. Anyways, I feel like I should confirm a few things about Taeyong, Jaehyun, Taeil, Jaemin, and Jisung.

Ok so Taeil and Jisung are real brothers. They are related by blood.
Taeyong and Jaemin are also blood-brothers.

When I say that you know, Jisung talks to his brothers, I mean Taeyong Jaehyun Taeil and Jaemin. Same goes for the rest of them. The 5 boys feel like they are all brothers (except Taeyong and Jaehyun, since they're dating lmao).

So yeah, when I say brothers in a plural sense, that's what I mean.

Ok, see you soon my Lovelies>