2.

Montana

I slowly crept into the house, trying my hardest not to be heard. I looked up at the clock on the wall and it read 6:46am. I was exhausted. I'd been dancing all night, trying to make enough money to at least pay some of the late bills for the month. I had yet to count the money I made but I knew it would be enough to at least pay one or two.

Making my way upstairs and into my room, I looked around for Josiah. He was no where to be found until I heard the toilet in the hallway bathroom flush. Panicking, I quickly took off my outside clothes to make seem as if I'd never left.

As he washed his hands, I snatched my hoodie off and then my sweatpants, throwing them both into my small closet. I then put on the pajamas I'd had on before I left the house and took my hair out of the slick bun that it was in.

I could hear his footsteps coming back toward my room as I hopped into the bed, pulling the covers over me.

"Montana." His deep voice spoke as I opened my eyes to look at him.

"Goodmorning." I played it cool.

He simply looked at me as he made his way back over to the bed and got in beside me.

"Goodmorning." He smirked, leaning in to peck my lips.

The room was quiet as we laid there, looking into each other's eyes. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him before deciding to speak again.

"Where were you?" He asked like I figured he would.

"I was downstairs.."

He stayed quiet as he looked at me, I could feel that he knew I was lying but I wasn't sure if he actually did.

"Montana, where were you?" He asked again, removing his arm from around my waist.

"I told you I was do-"

"You left this house around two something this morning and you're just getting in the crib. Where were you, Monty?" He licked his lips, looking up at the ceiling.

"Okay. I went to work. Remember I told y'all that I had to work?"

"So work requires you to be there at two in the morning and lie to me when I ask about your whereabouts?" He raised an eyebrow, looking at me again.

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him so bad but I knew that I couldn't. He'd kill me before any explanation and then he'd make me stop all together. And I couldn't have that. I had bills to pay, whether I liked it or not.

"It's a warehouse job, Joey and they only had overnight slots available." I slick lied through my teeth, looking down afterwards.

"I thought you'd be upset that I left you in bed alone, that's the only reason I lied." I lied again.

Looking at me for a while, he said nothing as if he was thinking deeply.

"Why didn't you wake me up and let me take you?"

"It's not far from here. Plus I knew you were really tired since I put you to sleep." I spoke slickly as a smile crept onto the both of our faces.

"Yeah Aight." He laughed, pulling me to him and leaving small kisses on my cheek.

"I'm about to go back to my crib to shower and shit then I'm going to grab us some breakfast." He suggested as we both pulled away.

"Okay." I nodded, hungrier than ever before.

"Whatchu want?" He asked, getting out of the bed and grabbing his shirt that was on the floor.

"The usual." I told him, meaning pancakes, eggs, bacon and grits from the breakfast place that we always go to.