7.

Josiah

"The fuck you just say to me?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your best friend. Montana. Yeah, she's a stripper." He said again, making me smack my lips.

"Nigga, what? Shut up." I laughed, flagging him.

"I'm serious, kid."

I didn't believe a word coming out of this nigga's mouth. Montana could barely even strip for me without getting nervous, let alone a club full of niggas.

"Where did you get this false information?"

"Me, nigga. I saw her."

"Saw her where?" I furrowed my eyebrows once I saw the serious look on his face.

"Strip joint I was telling you about."

"You crazy as hell if you think Montana timid ass is out here stripping. She wouldn't even play with me like that." I blurted out, not caring how he took it.

"Exactly, nigga. That's why she didn't tell you."

"Yeah aight."

"Look, I'm just telling you because I know she ain't gon' tell you on her own and you're my little brother. I can't let you go out like that."

"Man.." I trailed off.

"If you don't believe me, just ask her for yourself."

"I'm going to." I spat.

I was going to ask her myself but I already knew this information was false. Montana wouldn't even go against the grain like that. She already know what's up.

*
That night (11pm)

Montana

"Hey." I smiled, walking into Josiah's room.

It was his last night here at the hospital and it was pretty late so everybody else was gone. It was only him and I until tomorrow.

"Montana." He called, making me look up as I sat in the chair to remove my shoes.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Nah. Fuck all that." He spoke, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm only going to ask you one time.."

Freezing in place, I waited for what he was going to say to me. I felt like I already knew what it was going to be considering what Messiah said to me.

"What's going on, Joey?" I went onto ask.

"My brother came here earlier talking some bullshit and I need to know if it's true.."

"Okay." I spoke, tucking my lips as we looked into each other's eyes.

"You out here stripping?" He asked sternly.

My heart dropped as I looked him in the eyes. His eyes pierced mine while he spoke. I tried hard not to make it obvious that I was about to lie.

Right to his face, I was about to lie.

"Is it true, yes or no?"

Collecting my words, I contemplated what I wanted to say.

"And you better tell the truth, Montana."

"No." I furrowed my eyebrows.

Fuck. What am I doing?

"What the hell is he talking about?" I continued to lie through my teeth.