Chapter #7

It was around 1 in the morning as Jungkook laid on the couch in the living room deep in his thoughts. It's more like of a habit; whenever he sleeps at an environment for the first time, he usually has trouble sleeping. He then sighed as he sat up and leaned his back against the couch.

He was about to stand up and go to use the bathroom, but heard someone walking downstairs and towards the kitchen. He frowned and walked to the kitchen to check out what Jiwon was doing, since they are the only two in the house. Before Jungkook could say anything, Jiwon was boiling some water trying to make some hot milk. When she turned around to grab a cup, her eyes widen seeing Jungkook in front of her.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" Jiwon asked as Jungkook shook his head and walked toward the kitchen counter.

"I was wide awake before you came down." Jungkook said with a smile as Jiwon continue to make hot milk.

"Do you want some?" Jiwon asked making Jungkook nod his head without hesitation.

After when Jiwon was done making the hot milk and pouring it into the cup, she handed one of the cups to Jungkook as he thanked her. As they were enjoying the hot milk in silent, Jungkook decided to break it.

"So? Can't sleep?" Jungkook asked as Jiwon nodded.

"I usually don't have problems sleeping but somehow tonight I couldn't. I don't know why so I came down to make some hot milk and try to sleep after." Jiwon said.

"Maybe you have something on your mind?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't think so. When I do have something on my mind, I would usually go out and take a walk for a few minutes. Maybe tonight my body just isn't tired." Jiwon said with a shrug.

After a while of silence, Jiwon is now the one to ask him a question.

"What about you? Why can't you sleep?" Jiwon said.

"It's a habit of mine since I was little. When I sleep at someone else's place for the first time, I have a hard time sleeping." Jungkook said as Jiwon nodded her head in understanding.

"Wow. Tonight we're getting to know each other even more." Jiwon said making Jungkook chuckled.

After talking and continue to get to know each other more, there was this one question that Jungkook needs to get out of his chest.

"So ... that night at the party. Why did you run away?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh, because to be honest I wasn't supposed to be at that party in the first place. I kind of snuck out from home and went there with my friend and I was supposed to be home before late so my mom wouldn't caught me red handed." Jiwon said making Jungkook lightly laugh.

"You know the more I get to know you, the more I start to realize how painful of a woman you are. Your mother must go through a lot to handle you." Jungkook jokingly said as Jiwon chuckled.

"I guess you should know where I got that from." Jiwon joked back making Jungkook laugh along.

After a while, they were done with their drinks as Jiwon was washing their cups. While Jiwon was in the kitchen, Jungkook was taking a look around her house and frowned when he saw pictures of her and her mother and nobody else. Once Jiwon walked up to him, he asked without thinking much. 

"How come there's only pictures of you and your mother?" Jungkook asked as Jiwon silently looked at the picture.

"Because there's only me and my mom." Jiwon said.

"Then, where's your dad?" Jungkook asked making Jiwon avert her eyes. He then soon noticed the color of her face gone and replaced it with a more serious look.

"I never knew who my father was. All I know from my mother is that he left us when she was pregnant with me." Jiwon said with a serious tone as Jungkook looked down in guilt.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked something so sensitive." Jungkook said making Jiwon shook her head with a soft smile.

"It's fine. You were just curious." Jiwon said with a fake smile on her face.

She tried to hide the pain with her smile, but Jungkook saw through her. He saw her teary eyes and without knowing it, he was already caressing her cheeks as her tears streamed down her face. He silently wiped away her tears.

"Your tears isn't worthy for a man like that. He may have left you and your mother, but at least you know that your mother still kept you when she had a choice not to. You should know that your mother choose you over a guy like him." Jungkook softly said.

"I know, but I can't help it but ask myself why did he left us. I ask myself every night and every father's day, was my mother and I not enough for him to stay? Or was I the reason why he left in the first place? I just can't help it but blame for my existence to my mother's suffering." Jiwon said through her cries.

"You aren't the reason to your mother's suffering, because if you were she wouldn't have kept you. My mother once told me that every child's life is a gift, a miracle. By the way how I see it, your mother's real love wasn't that man ... it was you." Jungkook softly said as Jiwon leaned against his hand that was still on her cheeks.

They both looked into each other's eyes as Jungkook continues to wipe her tears away.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, it's like my mind and heart isn't my own. Everytime I see you, I just couldn't think. I don't know if you felt the same way but I felt this connection with you that I haven't felt with anybody else. There's something about you that draws me in." Jungkook softly said as a small smile formed on Jiwon's face.

Silence took over as Jungkook looks down at her lips and back to her eyes, almost like asking for permission. Without thinking twice of his actions, he placed his lips on hers and pulled her into his chest with his arms securely wrapped around her waist. 

To Be Continued

January 12, 2020