Chapter #17

"Again, what do you think you're doing?" Taehyung asked, trying to keep his patience. Jungkook sighs as he scratched his neck knowing that he has a lot of explaining to do.

"I know this looks bad but I have my reasons." Jungkook tried to convince him but Taehyung wasn't having it.

"By kidnapping her?" Taehyung asked as he raised his eyebrow.

"I didn't kidnap her." Jungkook said, making Taehyung scoff.

"If you brought her here without her consent, that's called kidnapping." Taehyung said.

"Look, this is the only way for her to listen to me. Now that I know I have a chance with her." Once Jungkook said that, Taehyung frowned not knowing what he meant. Jungkook sensed Taehyung's thoughts as he answered his questions.

"I found out that Jiwon is actually Soojin's half sister." Jungkook said as Taehyung's eyes widened.

"They're siblings?!" Taehyung asked with a shocked tone.

"Well, step siblings. When Mr. Seo was engaged with Mrs. Seo, he actually had a secret affair with Jiwon's mother and got her pregnant." Jungkook said.

"Let me guess, once he knew that she was pregnant he left her and continued the marriage." Taehyung finished Jungkook's eyes widened.

"How did you guess that?" Jungkook asked shockingly.

"Well, I've been watching a lot of dramas lately." Taehyung said as Jungkook nodded.

"So since Jiwon is the oldest in the family, she was the one who's supposed to be engaged with you?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook nodded his head.

"I mean it makes sense. Ever since the first moment I met her, I felt this connection with her that I didn't with Soojin." Jungkook said as Taehyung sighs in frustration.

"Then what are you going to do next?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm not going to force her to stay here tonight. Once I'm done talking to her, I'll take her back home. That's all I want." Jungkook said as Taehyung nodded his head.

"I don't even know how your parents can handle you. You're such a pain in the ass." Taehyung said as Jungkook chuckled.

"I don't even know it myself." Jungkook jokingly said back.

Taehyung smiled as he patted his shoulder while they walked out from the hallway and into Jungkook's room where Jiwon was. Jiwon stood up from the edge of the bed as they kept their eyes on one another.

"I'll leave you guys alone." Taehyung said as he walked out and closed the door.

Before Jiwon could say anything, Jungkook was a step faster.

"I'm not going to force you to stay here tonight. I'll take you back home but only after you listen to me." Jungkook calmly said as Jiwon sighed and gave in, nodding her head.

"After everything that's happened, I want you to know that what I'm doing isn't because of the family traditions, it's because I really like you. I'm not saying this to make you believe me, I'm saying this from the bottom of my heart." Jungkook said.

Jiwon didn't know what to do or say due to her brain and body being overwhelmed after what happened. She averted her eyes, not daring to stare into his eyes. Jungkook wasn't having any of it as he slowly walked up to her and held onto her hand.

"Jiwon, please. Just give me a chance. If you won't give me a chance, how would you know if I'm the one for you or not?" Jungkook said, making Jiwon look back at him.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do, to be honest. All of a sudden, the man that left my mom and I suddenly came walking back into our lives unintentionally only to find out that I'm some kind of part of the Seo family line, which I never asked." Jiwon said with a tired tone as Jungkook gently caressed her hand that was in his hold.

"I know that it's a lot to take in, but if you think of it another way you would have this feeling as if nature is giving you answers that you've been asking your whole entire life and after finding out who your father really is, it makes me even more sure that we're meant to be." Jungkook said as Jiwon rubbed her temple with her free hand.

As Jungkook and Jiwon were trying to find an answer that both of them would agree on, Taehyung was waiting patiently in the living room with Yeontan on his lap, patting him. Taehyung sighs in frustration as Yeontan pokes his head up and looks at him.

"I'm going to repeat my words, he's a pain in the ass. Not long he's living with me and he's already causing me enough trouble." Taehyung told Yeontan as he tilted his head in confusion.

"I don't know how long I'm going to kick him out." Taehyung jokingly said as Yeontan kept on his straight face.

While Taehyung and Yeontan were having a silent moment, the doorbell rang. He got up while sighing and walked towards the door, opening it only to widen his eyes.

"Where are they?" Soojin asked as Taehyung's eyes widened seeing everyone behind her.

"And no need to lie about it, I know that Jungkook is staying with you at the moment." Soojin said as Taehyung nervously smiled while gulping.

"I don't know what to do with you, Jungkook. You seem like a good person, but you're really stubborn I can tell." Jiwon said as Jungkook gave her the doe-eye. Jiwon knew that what he's doing with his doe-eye was for her to soften up and she hated that it was working.

"Fine, I'll give you a chance." Jiwon said as a huge smile formed on his face.

"But, only after you finish up whatever business you have with the Seo family. If you haven't  talked to the Seo family accurately about the situation, I want you to do that first. I don't want you to be leading her and me on any further and I don't want to have anymore drama." Jiwon requested as Jungkook nodded his head.

"I'll go talk to them right after when I drop you off at your house." Jungkook said as Jiwon nodded her head.

"I don't think that would be necessary anymore." Taehyung said as he opened the door, startlingly the both of them.

"What? Why?" Jungkook asked as Taehyung signalled them to come out. Both Jungkook and Jiwon frowned as they followed him from behind.

Once they got to the living room, they now understood what Taehyung meant. Everyone was waiting for them.

"You don't need to wait any longer Jungkook, we can talk here." Mr. Seo said as everyone in the living room felt the tense atmosphere.

Jungkook looked back at Jiwon as he gave her a nod and looked back at Mr. Seo.

"I want to cancel the wedding preparations." Jungkook said without any hesitations.

To Be Continued

May 2, 2020