Chapter #33

"Are you sure you wanted this?" The manager said as Jiwon nodded her head.

"Yeah. I've been going through a lot these past few months and I don't think I'll be able to concentrate on working here. Especially after what my mom went through, she needs me the most at this time." Jiwon said, making her manager nod his head while he looks down at her resignation letter.

"If this is what you want then I won't stop you, but if in the future you wanted to come back and work here, this café will always welcome you with an open arm." Her manager said as Jiwon gave him a smile.

"Thank you." Jiwon said before bowing and walking her way out of the café.

Jiwon walked up to her car and was about to get in but stopped when she saw someone walking up to her. She let out a sigh when she saw Mr. Seo.

"If you're not in a hurry, can we talk?" Mr. Seo asked as Jiwon nodded after seconds of hesitation.

They were now in the park, sitting on a bench waiting for each other to start the conversation.

"So? How are you and your mother holding up?" Mr. Seo asked as Jiwon continued to look out at the nature surrounding them, not being able to look at him in the eye.

"We're getting the hang of it." Jiwon simply replied.

"Look, Jiwon. Even though we had our closure, I get this feeling that you're always avoiding me every time all of us come together for a family gathering. Is there something that I did to make you uncomfortable?" Mr. Seo asked, making Jiwon sigh.

"Mr. Seo, even if we had our closure that doesn't mean that I'm comfortable with everything. You apologized for your mistakes; at least you man up about it. You told me that you would do your best as a father figure to me from now on and I gave you that opportunity; but that doesn't mean that I'm comfortable calling you "dad" when all of my life I grew up without one. I gave you a chance to be in my life, but I can't guarantee you that I'll warmed up to you and fully accept you as my father. All my life, I only had one guardian and that is my mother. You have to understand that I'm only used to having one parent and you coming into my life so suddenly makes it hard for me to adjust. Yes, I gave you a chance to be a father figure to make up for your mistakes but it'll take time for me to warm up to you and call you my father. I hope you understand." Jiwon said while making eye contact with him.

"I do and I won't force you either. I just want to clear things between us." Mr. Seo said as Jiwon nodded and gave him a small smile.

While Jiwon parked her car in the driveway, she then noticed that all of the lights in the house were off. She turned off the engine, grabbed her phone, and dialed her mother. After a couple of rings, the line was picked up.

"Mom? Are you not home?" Jiwon asked as she grabbed her belongings and locked her car, while making her way up the front door.

"No. I went out with Mrs. Jeon because she asked for me to accompany her to buy more things in the house." Ms. Lee said as Jiwon frowned.

"But it's already 7 pm, it's getting late. When are you planning on coming back home?" Jiwon asked as she unlocked the door and walked in.

"In a few hours, honey. I won't be back late and don't wait up for me, Mrs. Jeon will drive me back home. I'll see you in a few hours." Ms. Lee said, but before Jiwon could say anything her mother already ended the call.

As Jiwon closed the door and locked it, she turned on the lights only to see rose petals all over the floor, leading to the backyard of the house. She followed the rose petals and dropped her belongings on a counter and went to the backyard only to see Jungkook standing in front of her with his hands behind his back.