Chapter #26

It was the next day. Throughout the whole night, Jiwon couldn't stop thinking about what Ryujin told them. She thought that once she gave them a clean slate and moved on, her and her family would finally live in peace, but oh boy she thought wrong.

She was currently in the kitchen, boiling some water to make coffee. When Ms. Lee entered, she saw Jiwon deep in her thoughts and quickly sensed that maybe she was thinking about the other night.

"Don't think too much, sweetheart. We'll figure something out. Like what old times say, 'good always wins'." Ms. Lee said, trying to comfort her as Jiwon gave her a small smile.

"I just never thought that someone like Jennie could be this messed up just because of her wrong-doings. I guess sometimes people are just stupid." Jiwon said, making Ms. Lee nod.

Once Jiwon was done making the coffee, she passed the cup to her mother as they both enjoyed it in silence.

"So, where are we all going to meet up?" Ms. Lee asked as Jiwon checked her phone.

"At Jungkook's house. He already sent me his address." Jiwon said.

"Is Soojin's parents going to be there too?" Ms. Lee asked as Jiwon silently nodded her head, without making eye contact.

Ms. Lee felt the pressure and an uncomfortable feeling radiating from her. She could see through her daughter's expression and eyes. Ms. Lee then placed the coffee mug on the counter and walked up to her.

"Sweetheart, you don't need to act tough. It's okay to feel vulnerable." Ms. Lee said as she caressed Jiwon's arm, making her sigh.

"After what's been happening to us and finding out who my father is, finding out that he has another family. It's a lot to take in and I don't think I'll ever be ready to face him." Jiwon said while looking down at her coffee mug.

"What happened between me and him, it's all in the past. You don't need to worry about that and if you're not ready to face him and talk to him you don't have to; no one is forcing you. You do what you think is right." Ms. Lee said as Jiwon nodded her head.

"But if you were to ask me what you should do when you meet up with him. I would say for you to get closure from him. For me, I don't really care because what we had is all in the past and we both moved on. It's only you now for you to decide if you want that closure or not." Ms. Lee said while they both exchanged smiles and hugged it out.

Everyone was in the living room (at Jungkook's house) trying to figure out how to stop Jennie and to put her in jail, but first they needed evidence. While everyone was trying their best to come up with something, Jiwon was the only one that was distracted and having a hard time to concentrate. Jungkook was the first one to notice Jiwon's odd behavior.

"Jiwon, are you okay?" Jungkook asked as everyone turned their attention to her.

Jiwon took a deep breath and shook her head.

"I need some fresh air." Jiwon said while getting up and walking towards the backyard.

Jiwon was breathing in and out trying to calm herself down, while back inside the house everyone was worried and confused.

"Ms. Lee, do you know what's wrong with her?" Jungkook asked as Ms. Lee kept quiet.

Everyone wanted to know so they can help her, but once Ms. Lee's eyes landed on Mr. Seo they all nodded in understanding.

"I'll go talk to her." Mr. Seo said as Mrs. Seo and Soojin nodded her head in agreement, while everyone hesitated and wanted to stop him.

"If I don't talk to her now, it'll be even more suffocating for her." Mr. Seo said, convincing the rest of them as he made his way to her.