Chapter #18

"I want to cancel the wedding preparations." Jungkook said without any hesitations.

Once Jungkook said what he said, everyone's eyes widened as Taehyung's mouth was wide open not believing what he said but soon closed them not wanting to attract any attention. Mr. Seo looked down to his hands and to Soojin who was quiet at Jungkook's words.

"Are you positive that this is what you want?" Mr. Seo asked while looking back at him.

"Yes, I'm positive." Jungkook said while nodding.

Mr. Seo didn't know what to say. He wanted to do the right thing for Soojin but once he landed his eyes on Jiwon, he couldn't push himself to do it due to being guilty. Jiwon was also his daughter and yet she received nothing.

"Fine. If that's what you want, I'll give it to you." Mr. Seo said as Jungkook gave him a smile while Mrs. Seo and Soojin couldn't believe how easy Mr. Seo gave in.

"I don't think so" Mrs. Seo angrily said as she stood up along with Soojin.

Everyone also stood up in defense once Mrs. Seo made a scene as Jungkook pushed Jiwon behind him in case anything happens. Mrs. Seo then walked up and got in front of Mr. Seo.

"Just because that girl is your daughter, it doesn't mean you get to put her first before our daughter. Our Soojin's happiness is supposed to be your first priority and now that you know that you have another family and daughter, you want to put that girl first?" Mrs. Seo angrily said as Mr. Seo sighs.

"Yujin, please understand. Ever since I was engaged to you I always put you and your happiness first before mine. You also know how much I love and adore Soojin and I always give Soojin whatever she asks for and make sure to make things right for her, but look at Jiwon. She never knew what it means to receive love from a father because I left them. She never got anything from me as my daughter and as a father to her, I failed that. Now I want to do right by her." Mr. Seo confronts his wife as she looks at Jiwon while trying to process everything.

"But that doesn't mean you put Soojin second. She is still your daughter." Mrs. Seo said as Mr. Seo nodded his head.

"I'm not putting her second, I'm just trying to make things right. We can't force Soojin and Jungkook to marry each other if one of them is not happy. What's the point in marriage if there's miseries." Mr. Seo said as he gently held onto his wife's hands.

After a couple of seconds filled with silence, Mrs. Seo nodded her head.

"Okay. We'll do what you asked, Jungkook." Mrs. Seo said as she looked at Jungkook with sincereness in her eyes.

"Thank you." Jungkook said with a small smile.

"What?! No." Soojin said as everyone turned their attention to her.

Once Soojin got everyone's attention, she walked past her parents and into the middle giving her parents a frown.

"Are you serious right now?! Dad, you're really putting my happiness second just because you "want to do the right thing" when I know deep down that you're doing this for her and her mother. Mom, once again you're giving in to him. Haven't you processed anything yet, he cheated on you when he was engaged to you. He got another woman pregnant behind you back, why are you not angry?!" Soojin vented out her anger.

"Soojin, that's enough. Even when he did those things behind my back, he still chose us and it's not like he continuously did it behind my back after marriage." Mrs. Seo said as Soojin scoffed in disbelief.

"How can you forgive him that easily?" Soojin angrily asked.

"If you really love that person, you'll give them another chance to prove themselves. That's what we do for love." Mrs. Seo said as Soojin shook her head with a sad frown.

Tears were streaming down Soojin's cheeks as she made eye contact with Jiwon. As their eyes met, all Soojin felt was anger and hate. She screamed from the bottom of her lungs and charged towards Jiwon, but before she could get to her Jungkook held onto her wrists stopping her. Jimin, Aisha, and Ms. Lee quickly walked over to Jiwon to make sure Soojin doesn't lay a hand on her.

"Why are you stopping me?! She deserves whatever it is going to come to her! She's the one who stole you away from me." Soojin angrily said as tears continued to stream down while Jungkook gave her his angry eyes.

"She didn't do anything, I was the one who made the move first. I was the one that approached her." Jungkook said.

"I love you with all my heart and we were in our own little world until she came walking into our lives. If she just stayed where her life is, you would've loved me back and by then our wedding would be done." Soojin said as Jungkook shook his head.

"Even if she didn't walk into our lives, I wouldn't have loved you." Jungkook said, making Soojin's eyes widen as he let her wrists go.

"No matter how much I try to push myself to love you I couldn't. Before I met Jiwon, I was going to cancel the wedding either way because I can't marry a woman that I don't love." Jungkook said as Soojin looked at him breathing heavily.

Before anything could be processed, a loud and hard slap echoed through the living room as Jiwon covered her mouth with her hand with her eyes widened. Jungkook touched his cheek that was slapped and looked back at Soojin.

"I hate you so much." Soojin said as she walked past him and stopped in front of Jiwon.

"It doesn't matter if you have him wrapped around your little finger, just remember that I was his first in everything and when I meant in everything I meant I took his virginity and no one in this world would forget their very first and you will always be his second. You're not any special, you're just a mistress's daughter." Soojin said with a disgusted tone and walked out of the apartment while tears formed in Jiwon's eyes.

Jimin and Aisha turned to Jiwon and comforted her as Ms. Lee gently rubbed her arm. Jungkook turned around as their eyes met but Jiwon averted her eyes away trying not to break down. Jiwon had to admit to herself, she didn't care if Soojin was his first, but what she said still hurts.

To Be Continued

May 7, 2020