Chapter #24

Jiwon and Aisha were helping each other cook dinner when suddenly Jiwon dropped everything and rushed to her mother, seeing her walking into the kitchen.

"I thought I told you to stay seated in the living room and let us do the work." Jiwon said as Ms. Lee lightly chuckled.

"I'm just bored, I have nothing to do and besides I hit my head, not get shot." Ms. Lee said.

"I just want to make sure that you're okay." Jiwon said as Ms. Lee caressed her arm.

"I'm fine, sweetheart. Just at least let me cook the rice and then I'll go back and sit down for your own sake." Ms. Lee said, making Jiwon nod her head while Aisha shook her head with a small smile watching their scene unfold.

"Where did Jimin go?" Ms. Lee asked as she started cooking the rice.

"I'm right here." Jimin said as he walked into the kitchen with two full of market bags.

He then placed the bags on the kitchen counter while Jiwon walked over and took out the food ingredients.

"I just went to the market to buy some more food since we didn't have enough to cook for today." Jimin said as Ms. Lee nodded her head.

While everyone was busy doing their own thing, the doorbell rang as Jiwon dropped what she was doing. She opened the front door only to smile widely.

"Jungkook, you made it." Jiwon said as Jungkook held up a bouquet of flowers.

"Of course I have to. This is going to be my first dinner with my girlfriend's mother and friends." Jungkook said as Jiwon chuckled and accepted the bouquet of flowers. She then moved aside and welcomed him in.

"Guys, Jungkook is here." Jiwon said as everyone in the kitchen turned their attention to the both of them.

"Jungkook, it's nice to have you eat dinner with us." Ms. Lee said as she walked up to him and hugged him.

"It's also nice to have you guys welcome me with open arms." Jungkook said as he hugged her back.

They both broke the hug as Ms. Lee grabbed the bouquet of flowers and put them in a vase. Jimin walked over to Jungkook and brought out his hand. For a second, Jungkook thought that he was going to hit him but stopped when Jimin gave him a small smile and wanted to shake hands. Jungkook then shook his hand.

"I may not like you yet but there's still time for us to get to know each other more." Jimin said as they shook hands while Jungkook nodded in understanding.

"Why don't you go and sit down in the living room and accompany my mom. She may want to know you more." Jiwon said as Jungkook nodded his head.

After a while of cooking, they were about to place the foods on the tray when the doorbell rang. Ms. Lee then walked up and opened the front door only to see Soojin holding onto a tray full of fruit salad.

"Soojin, you made it. Come on in." Ms. Lee said.

"Thank you again for inviting me. I hope you guys like eating fruit salad. I didn't want to come here empty handed, so I decided to make desserts." Soojin said while walking in as Ms. Lee gave her a smile.

"Anything that you make is fine." Ms. Lee said.

Both Soojin and Ms. Lee walked into the living room as Jungkook's eyes widened upon seeing Soojin's appearance.

"Soojin? What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked as he stood up from the couch.

"I invited her." Jiwon said while making her way to them as Jungkook looked at her with a frown.