Chapter #23

It's been 2 days since the incident and Ms. Lee was doing well. Jiwon has been sleeping at the hospital watching over her mother, while Jimin and Aisha always comes and visit everyday. While Jiwon was helping Ms. Lee drink water, the door opened up revealing Jungkook holding a lily bouquet. Ms. Lee and Jiwon exchanged looks as Jiwon grabbed the water and placed it on a counter.

"Jungkook, it's nice to see you after a while. How've you been?" Ms. Lee nicely asked as Jungkook gave her a smile.

"I've been doing well. I came by to visit you and bought you these flowers." Jungkook said.

"Thank you, that's very nice of you. Jiwon, why don't you put them in a vase." Ms. Lee said, making Jiwon nod her head.

Jiwon took the bouquet from Jungkook and made her way to the sink. Jungkook then walked up to Ms. Lee and sat down on the chair next to her.

"How are you doing? Is your condition getting better?" Jungkook asked as Ms. Lee gave him a smile.

"I'm doing fine. I'm actually feeling better than day one from being here. The doctor said that I can go home tomorrow." Ms. Lee said.

"That's very good news. I wasn't only here to visit you, I was also here to thank you for not charging Soojin and her friends for what they did when in reality you should. Jungkook said, making Ms. Lee frown.

"I don't remember not charging them. I don't remember when the cops came. Did the cops came and integrate us?" Ms. Lee asked, making Jungkook confused as well.

"Mom, it's time for you to eat and take your medicine after." Jiwon said, interrupting their conversation.

Ms. Lee gave her a nod as Jungkook looked at Jiwon, now understanding what was going on.

"Jimin and Aisha are on their way to bring us food. Jungkook if you don't have anything to say anymore, I would like you to leave and let my mother rest." Jiwon said.

"Jiwon, that's not respectful." Ms. Lee said as Jiwon averts her eyes around the room.

"No, it's fine Ms. Lee. I was just about to go anyways." Jungkook said as he bowed down in respect.

"How about Jiwon walk you out?" Ms. Lee asked as Jiwon gave her "are you serious" look. Ms. Lee had a smile on her face as Jungkook nodded.

As Jungkook walked past them, Ms. Lee playfully pointed her finger at Jiwon as she did what she was told. Jiwon opened the door as Jungkook walked out and turned around to face her.

"Thank you for visiting my mother. I didn't mean to sound disrespectful." Jiwon said, making Jungkook nod in understanding.

"Don't worry about it. I should be the one to thank you for everything. Thank you for not pressing charges against Soojin and her friends, even though you have every right to." Jungkook said.

"I just want everything to go back to the way they were. Sometimes I wish I didn't go to that stupid party in the first place. That party was the reason why my life is so messed up right now." Jiwon said while looking down at her hands.

Jungkook then held onto her hand and caressed it.

"I don't. I don't wish for anything to change. I'm actually glad that you went to the party because that night was the night that I found my miss right." Jungkook said as Jiwon looked up at him.

Jiwon gave him a smile and also held onto his hand.

"I'm not really used to this. I'm not used to having someone liking me and wanting me to be their lover partner. Maybe that's why I don't know what to do with whatever that is going on between us." Jiwon said as she looked down at their intertwined hands.