Chapter #10

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Jungkook asked as he placed his duffel bag in the guest room. Taehyung walked in with each of his hands in his pockets.

"Yes. This is not only for you but also for Soojin and Jiwon's own good. You need to know what you want." Taehyung said.

Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed as he sighs. Seeing his friend like that, Taehyung didn't know what to do to comfort him.

"Did you already pause the wedding preparations?" Taehyung asked.

"No, I'm going to do it now but I have to do it face to face in front of my parents." Jungkook said, making Taehyung's eyes widen.

"Good luck with that." Taehyung said while patting his shoulder.

"Thanks." Jungkook sarcastically said.

After a while of thinking, Jungkook nodded his head and got up to get ready to go back to his house and have the "conversation" with his parents.

While Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were enjoying their tea and reading newspapers, Jungkook came walking to them in the living room with a head high up hoping that everything will go smoothly.

He walks up to them confidently while Mrs. Jeon was the first to notice him giving him a smile despite their last conversation. Mr. Jeon also looked up when Jungkook sat down in front of them.

"There's something I want to discuss." Jungkook said. Both of his parents dropped everything and gave their full attention to him.

"What is it that you want to discuss?" Mr. Jeon asked. Jungkook inhaled a big amount of air and exhaled deeply.

"I want to pause the wedding preparations." Jungkook said without hesitation as Mr. and Mrs. Jeon was stunned at his sudden statement.

"Why so suddenly? I thought you wanted this wedding to happen?" Mr. Jeon asked in a calm tone, trying to understand his son.

"But I'm having second thoughts about it." Jungkook confessed.

"Is it about that girl?" Mrs. Jeon said making Mr. Jeon turned to her with a frown expression.

"What are you talking about? What girl?" Mr. Jeon asked.

"Apparently, Jungkook was spending some time with another girl and lied straight to Soojin's face saying that he was spending time with his friends." Mrs. Jeon said as Jungkook sighs in frustration.

"Mom, stop." Jungkook said trying to be calm.

"Why? Am I wrong about it? Ever since you got involved with that girl, you've been neglecting Soojin and not putting your full attention to the wedding preparations." Mrs. Jeon said.

"The reason why I'm pausing the wedding preparations was because I wanted to be sure if Soojin is the one that I wanted to be committed to and be with the rest of my life." Jungkook said with a little bit of a loud tone.

"And the reason why you're doubting your relationship is because of that girl." Mrs. Jeon said.

Jungkook has had enough as he stood up from his seat and angrily looked at his mom.

"And what if it is her that makes me doubt my relationship with Soojin?! Huh?! You're making it sound like I'm the only one in the world that goes through this! If she's the reason why I'm like this, that means that she has something special in her that grabs my attention." Jungkook angrily said as both of his parents were shocked at his outburst. Ever since he came into their lives, not once has he shouted at them.