Trauma part 2

Because of popular demand (cough, cough, the number of people begging for it), I made a part 2. You're welcome.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Joel, I love you."

Startled, Joel opened his eyes, then groaned.

He should be dead. Clutching his abdomen, he sat up. Pill and beer bottles littered the floor. He pulled his phone out and tapped a note reminding him to clean the apartment. If he was still alive, of course.

"Joel, I love you."

The voice was soft and feminine, with a kind and caring feel to it. Joel broke down. He couldn't remember the last time someone told him that.

Oh, wait. He could. It was his and Moriah's wedding night, and Mo was eager to get to the "wedding night" part of things.

It had been a while.

"Joel, I love you."

Okay, he was hearing things. Joel dried his tears, then angrily said,"No one loves me."

Silence. Of course.

Joel took his phone out again, then headed to Instagram. He had a while before he died. Why not social media before he did?

The annoying notification thing popped up. He was tagged, by somebody named MideOfTheShadows. His heart stopped when he saw the post. It was an edit: he, Luke, and the girls were on the bridge (for GOK), and the words said, God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows the real you
But there's a kind of love that God only knows.

Joel burst into tears again. Silently, tears strolled down his face as he softly wept, choking on the sorrows. His mind laughed, though. Saved by his own song. Joel pulled out his phone and put on his voice's "mask" as best as he could. He called an ambulance and explained what he'd done. The lady asked him to go sit by the front door, which Joel did, hugging the wall for support. He barely made it to the chair.

What have I done? Why did I call? I WANTED to die, yet-

"Joel, I love you."

When the paramedics arrived, one of them have Joel a big hug. He buried his face into her soft stomach, and closed his eyes-letting himself rest.
          -----------------------------------

When Joel woke up, he found himself in a bed. On one side of the bed, waiting for him, was the paramedic. When she saw that he was awake, she walked over to him and sat on the edge of the bed. He noticed the angel tattoo on her left forearm.

"Hey,"she whispered. Joel almost had a heart attack. It was the same voice that told him I love you. "It's gonna be okay." She smiled."I love you." Then she kissed his forehead and got up. She walked to the door, looked back at him with a smirk, then disappeared.

Okay, he was seeing things.
              --------------------------

Joel recovered. Not only that, he healed. He went to therapy and got to the point where he was less of a threat to himself and was much happier. He got a rescue puppy, Everest, followed by two more, Jack and Avery. He built a better relationship with his daughter, Natasha, and eventually forgave the band and his siblings (secretly, in his heart, of course). He apologized to Moriah for the pain he'd caused, and she apologized to him for not trying to understand.

Then, he went to his mom and David, and apologized for being born and for any pains he'd caused. The look on their faces made Joel laugh on the inside. They pulled him into a hug, and told him none of it was his fault. Joel thought what they were saying was bullshit, but nodded along anyway. He never forgave them, though. Being born from rape and the mistreatment that came from it was too much.

Joel bought a nice cottage a bit far from the others, never remarrying, but never alone. He had his animals and daughter-and fans, of course.

And everything was alright.