Tour is Off to a Great Start

colton's pov

*********************

Joel lets out a low whistle. Seth pulls out his sunglasses. Annie rubs her eyes, while John and Korey just stare. Luke can't even comprehend what he's seeing.

"Why is it-"he begins.

"I don't know!" I wail."I don't know why it's bright yellow!"

"At least we'll be able to blind every other driver on the road,"Joel commented.

"I'm loving the positivity, Smallbone,"Korey says, patting Joel on the back.

"Aw, thank you,"he replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

The 12-seat van was on loan from a buddy of mine, Craig. Craig had promised that it was white, however, the vehicle in front of us was obviously not. It wasn't pastel either; it looked like it had been dropped in highlighter ink. Apparently, Craig was more colorblind than Joel.

"Let's go!"Jen called, tossing the keys up in the air.

Immediately, everyone looked horrified.

"You're letting her drive?"Joel exclaimed.

"I don't wanna die!" Alex, Korey and John's daughter, cried. "I mean, it's bad enough we're going in the banana mobile. Jen as the driver? I'd rather get pulled over 'cause of Joel."

"Okay, wow,"Jen said, offended.

I tried not to be hurt by the banana mobile comment.

"How bad can it be?"

Everyone turned to look at me. "Bad."

"Let's get in,"Korey said, opening the passenger door.

"Well, tour is off to a great start,"John commented.