the interview

"Hi, I'm Kelley Olson, nice to meet you,"the interviewer from The Music Score Magazine says sweetly, smiling at Joel. I don't think she's even noticed me yet. 

"Nice to meet you too,Kelley"Joel says coolly. I smile and nod. 

"Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, especially with such a busy schedule. So, tell me, how do you stay connected when you're on different tours doing different things?"

"We do a lot of phone calls, texts, and FaceTime,"Joel replies."We try to talk to each other every day. Um-"

"We try to see each other face-to-face at least every two weeks when we're apart,"I add. "Joel's really good at planning dates."

Joel laughs and says,"Nah."

"It's true!"

Kelley smiles and asks,"So, Moriah, what's your most favorite date that Joel's taken you on?"

"Umm...I'd have to say that time he took me to this garden restaurant and we ate outside among the blossoms and watched the sunset. It was just really amazing and peaceful," I answer. 

"Nice. So, what was the most painful moment in your marriage?"

When we lost our child nearly a year ago?" Joel replies uncertainly. He looks over at me and mouths, I'm sorry.  I look away, willing the tears to disappear. We don't talk about Evelyn, her death, and the pain afterwards. 

"What happened?" Kelley asked, faking sympathy-just like everyone else. She moved forward to expose more of her cleavage. 

"Moriah had a difficult pregnancy, so there was always this chance that we'd lose the child, but we never really thought it would happen. Our daughter, Evelyn, was born almost three months early, and was in the hospital for about three weeks and…" Joel's voice broke. I squeezed his hand, trying to offer some support."She never came home."

"I'm so sorry," Kelley says softly. She reaches over and takes Joel's hand, which kind of bothers me. Joel must've noticed, because he moved back away from her and wrapped his arm around me. Kelley glared at me. 

"What happened after Evelyn died?"

That evil, evil woman! From the look on her face, it's obvious she knows what happened. 

Joel looks at me and I shake my head. I can't answer this. 

"For weeks, we were in this slump, unable to leave the house or so anything," he answers."Moriah took it the hardest. She actually blamed herself for the loss, despite what the doctor, or anyone else, said.

Kelley nods and moves on to the next question. She mostly entertains Joel, and continues to flirt with him. It bothers me, but I can't do anything. And it's all poor Joel can do to keep his eyes on Kelley's face and not in her volumous chest. And the way she talks about me-like I'm an awful wife- makes me even more upset. 

"I-i'll be right back" I say a few minutes later."I need to use the bathroom." 

"Mo-"Joel began. 

"I'm okay, Joel."

I immediately flee to the ladies' restroom and lock myself in a stall. The tears start flowing, and within seconds, I'm sobbing. 

Someone knock on the door and I freeze. 

"Moey baby?" It's Joel. 

"Wha-" 

"I came to check on you. Let me in, darling?" 

I unlock the door and immediately bury my face into his chest. 

"Wh-wh-why?" I sob.

"I don't know, love,"he whispers."I'm sorry. Especially about that Kelley chick."

I laugh when he says this."

"D-did you see her outfit?" I ask, pulling my face away, and wiping my face with my sleeve. 

"Yeah. I was thinking, 'Do I need to get you a coat or something?' the entire time." I laugh even harder. 

"And the flirting! Oh my gosh, I just wanted to yell, 'I'm  married, and very much in love with my wife!'"

"She pissed me off a lot," I admit."But do you really have only eyes for me?"

"Always,"Joel replies, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you, Moey baby."

"I love you, too, Joely Bear."