9. Property Of a Millionaire

Miles' Point of View

Today was the day. The day is today. The day was the day that's today. Sorry, I don't know what that last bit was, but today was the day I go back to the apartment I shared with Tyler and collect the rest of my stuff.

It's been weeks since I started working for Maximillion and the pay was enough for me to leave my dad's home and get a place of my own. I was thankful for my father but I really needed my own private space.

I took the keys from my pocket and unlocked the front door. Everything looked the same, except half of everything was pretty much gone. I stepped in and closed the door before opening my bag and picking up the memorable items.

"Four years, Jesus Christ," I said to no one in specific but Melanie replies regardless.

"Four years of learning experiences. Only look at the positive Miles." She said over the phone. I've been on the phone with Melanie and Zack for an hour before actually going inside the apartment building. Melanie was over at Zack's house and they both agreed to be the little angel on my shoulder during this.

"I guess, should I leave the pictures? The tenant is having someone throw away everything that stays here." I told them and Melanie agreed to keep some things and throwing others away.

She called it an Ex-Box. It's where you keep one or two items from an old partner of yours in a small box. Since Tyler was my first and only boyfriend (so far) this would be the first item in my Ex-Box. It was a picture of both of us right after he asked me to be his boyfriend. I couldn't believe the picture was over 4 years old, jeez.

"Keep it moving, I can tell you're about to cry and I don't want to mess up my makeup I just worked really hard on Miles!" She yelled at me. She was right, she's always right. I sniffle the tears away as I continued picking my belongings up and stuffing them in my bag.

"She's right, you look stunning by the way babe." I heard Zack say to Mel before the sound of them kissing was heard. Gross. Happy couples now make me cringe.

"Can you guys not? Be sad with me!" I told them.

"Ok, anything for you, you big baby. Are you finished?" She asked me and I shook my head. I'm a dumbass sometimes.

"Nope, I had a ton of shit left here," I said before hearing the door open and there stood my ex-boyfriend. Tyler. He looks good, I mean he always looked good. I don't know what I'm saying.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you were coming." He said. That's the first thing you say to your ex-boyfriend? Well, I guess I wouldn't know since this was my first time.

"Is that him? Bitch Run!" I heard Melanie say to me on my headphones.

"Yes, I mean it's fine. Sorry, I'm on the phone." I said to both of them. I quickly hang up the phone after apologizing to Melanie and focused on Tyler. He had just gotten back from the gym and his arms looked defined, well his whole chest did.

"I was just picking up some more stuff, I won't be in your way." He said as he moved towards the small living room of the apartment. I was standing in the hallway looking at the picture frames of us together. This was so awkward.

I picked up my last few remaining items and took one more picture for my Ex-Box before making my way out of the apartment forever. That was until a hand landed on my own and pulled me back.

"Miles can we talk?" His thumb rubbed over my knuckles as he looked at me.

"I can't, I really have to go." I tried to get out.

"I-I love your hair, it really brings out your eyes. You look g-great, Miles." He said and I stood there shocked. Why does this keep happening to me?

"Tyler, I really have to go," I said taking my hand out of his and carrying my bag on the other hand, and walking down the stairs and out of the apartment building.

Walking towards my car, I shoved the bags in the back seats and was about to cross the street to go on the driver's side when Tyler calls my name again.

I turned around only to be pulled into a hard chest and my lips pressed against his once more. I froze as my hands were on his chest and his were on my waist.

"Tyler, stop!" I slapped him. Where did this come from? My hand was still stinging after it made a connection with his left cheek. His head was slightly turned to the right as he held his pink cheek.

"Miles, please." He pleaded but I walked away and got inside the driver's seat of my car and quickly drove away. Even though I didn't want to, I looked at my rearview mirror and saw him standing in the same spot where it happened.

After I was far enough, I pulled up to the curb and cried. I cried and cried. I let everything out. I didn't know how much I was holding in but it felt good to have all my agony, pain, and sorrow leave in the form of tears down my face. I tried to wipe them but they kept falling. I felt myself start to hiccup and lose control of my breathing. I had to stop myself for a second to take back and breathe. I wiped my face when I heard three knocks on my window.

"H-Hi, sorry." I thought it was a police officer so I went to reach for my license and registration but the person grabbed my hand through my window and stopped me.

"Stevenson, are you ok?" I heard Maximillion's familiar voice ask me.

I wanted to say yes and lie but I couldn't. A choke came out of my mouth before more tears started falling once again. I felt his hand let go of mine and unlock my car door, before opening it and taking my hand to lead me out. He held me in his arms, his hands went to my waist as my head on laid his chest and my hand went around his neck. He was tense but relaxed under my touch, I let everything out on his very expensive suit.

"It's ok Котенок (Kitten). Let it out, Выпустите (Let it out)." Even though I only understood part of what he said, I cried all over him. He rubbed his large hand over my back whenever I sniffled. Before he even let me go, I tried to wipe my face and look less ugly but I don't think he cared. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, nose and finally his lips landed on my cheek.

I wanted him to kiss me. A real kiss. On. My. Lips.

—-