26. Property Of a Millionaire

Miles' Point of View

4 years compared to 6 months. This shit hurts like hell. I felt hurt when Tyler left me but this was a pain unlike any other. The one where someone you trusted with everything couldn't even trust you to the point where they had to lie to you about something so important. I felt like I let him down, most importantly myself. For trusting someone when I was at my most vulnerable.

"Miles, It's been 10 hours and we still have 11 to go. Are you sure you don't want anything to eat or drink?" Annabelle came up and asked me. I snuggled closer to my blanket and turned the volume up on my phone. I twisted the ring on my finger, which was also becoming a bad habit of mine. I may be acting childish but I have a perfectly good reason.

She huffed and walked away. This was her fourth attempt ever since we took off from the airport. After I got Aleksandr to drive some away from Max, I fell asleep in the backseats and awoke in the arms of my 'boyfriend.' He carried me the whole ride to the airport, into the jet, and until I 'woke up' and decided to sit as far away from him as possible.

"Hey Miles. I know you're hungry, at least let me get you something to eat." Jacob, Anna's husband, offered.

He was probably just as clueless as I was. I sort of wished I never found that room or the things in there. "Sure, thank you." He pats my leg and ruffles my hair before walking back over to one of the flight attendants. I looked over and saw Max with a mask of jealousy on his face. I dropped the blanket back over my head when he got up and out of his seat.

"Baby, please. Can you just talk to me? I was going to explain everything."

His hand relaxed on my upper thigh, a spot where I would've been comfortable with his hand there but now I cannot have him touching me.

"Fucking hell. You're so childish, ignorant, and presumptive!" He has some fucking nerve.

"Me? You're a fucking liar! This isn't something you cannot ever tell someone you supposedly care for! All I wanted was for you to at least tell me!"

"Tell you? And what the hell would you say? I can't just walk up to the person I DO care about and tell them that my family is from a long line of 'mob' members? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?" I guess he had a point, but fuck him.

I've fallen for him. I did. It came hard and fast. "I wouldn't leave you! I fucking love you, dummy. I fell in love with you..." Now looking at him he had a couple of minor scratches on his face as if a cat had done that. Meow.

"Fuck you! You can't just lie as your way out.
J-Just fuck you, leave me alone!" I pulled the ring off my finger, throwing it on his chest, and got up from my seat. But noooo, I could never do anything dramatic with Max around.

"Don't you fucking dare. Don't you care for me? I gave this to you, y-you can't give it back Miles! Don't fucking do that to me." Heard how many times he cursed? Well damn, looks like I did do something to change him.

"Let go of me." I tried pulling my arm out of his reach and not do anything irrational but this fucker was annoying me. The girls were seated facing away from the back of the private jet but we caught the attention of most of the flight attendants and the married couple.

"Hit me, I don't care. You said you love and care for me. Just d-don't leave me." His voice got lower, the grip on my arm loosened, and he looked like he was about to cry.

He leaned in close to me, closing the space in between us. Not a chance buddy. My hand pushed at his chest, pushing him further away from me. Annabelle rushes to leave her husband's side and jog over to us.

"Max please." Let me go.

As if he heard my inner thoughts, he lets me go. I gave him one neutral look before going into the small jet bathroom. I looked at my reflection and felt bad for myself. I felt disgusted. I threw up in the toilet.