13. Property Of a Millionaire

Miles' Point of View

The sound of typing explored every inch of the room. The sunlight came through the windows and casts a light shadow upon Maximillion's face. The blue hues got brighter every time he turned his face to the side. I could see the stubble on his face darken when the light touched it. It brought a smile to my empty face since we've been working for hours without a break yet.

"You know, I think you're the best multitasker I've ever seen." He said jokingly. He noticed I was watching him the entire time.

"I um, sorry." I blushed and looked down at the keyboard. He chuckled and shifted around in his seat.

"Don't apologize Котенок (Kitten). I don't mind." He replies before groaning and picking up the ringing phone. My face felt hotter, did he mean that?

I closed the tabs that I left open and tried cracking my knuckles before moaning in pain. Soon the telephone on my desk began ringing, so I quickly picked up hoping to not interrupt Maximillion on his phone call.

"Hey Miles," Alana said. I greeted her back before she started talking, "I tried calling Mr. Ivanov. There is an Annabelle Ivanov here for Mr. Ivanov." She said bringing me up and out of my seat.

"I'll be right there," I said behind hanging up the phone and excusing myself from the room.

"He'll be here in a second. Oh, there he is, thank you for waiting so patiently." I heard Alana say to Annabelle. She stood tall and wore professional clothing as she waited by the front desk.

"Morning. Sorry for the wait, Max-I mean Mr. Ivanov is on a phone call. May I be of assistance?" I asked her. She scoffed and shook her head before reaching down and embracing me. Yup, heard that correctly, she has to bend down to me because God decided to make her a freaking Amazon Goddess.

"Don't have to greet me with formalities, I'm not my brother. How are you, Miles?" She walked away from the desk and we sat down on the round seats in the main room of the office.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. You?" We continued small talking; We had to hide the sounds of our giggles from the 'working' people in the office. She was so much fun to talk to, an easy person to talk to. The complete opposite of her brother.

"Oh my, look at the time. I have to take the girls to ballet practice. I came to invite you and my brother to dinner at my home. I can send a driver to you or you can ride with Maximillion." She offered. I always loved how siblings sold each other out, something I never got to experience but knowing other siblings taught me a lot.

"Oh, thank you for the invite. I'd love to come, I'll try and ask your brother for a ride. See you tonight then." I opened the door for her as she walked under the sunlight and into a black car past the paparazzi outside. It only took her a matter of a few seconds to get to the car with her long legs, truly the luck I'll never get.

"Jesus, that whole family is hot!" Alana exclaimed once I closed the door and walked back to her desk. I laughed as I leaned on the desk.

"Agreed," I said blushing slightly when Alana started to tease me about Maximillion. We've gotten awfully close in such a short amount of time and she was genuinely a nice person.

"See you later," I said waving while walking away from her. She flipped me off before I closed the door of Maximillion's office.

"Who was it?" He asked once the door closed and I was standing in front of him. His eye contact always made me feel small, like I was bare for him to see all of me.

"Your sister. She actually came to invite us to dinner at her home tonight." I said confidently. Without stuttering as well, a fucking accomplishment.

"Us?" He asked.

"Yup." I popped the p.

"Alright then. We'll leave after your shift unless you want to go home and change?" He looked me up and down before going back to his computer screen. Self-confidence? Never heard of her.

"No, I-I think I'll be fine. Thanks." I walked back over to my desk and sat down in front of my desktop. Back to another 4 quiet hours of typing and staring at Max.

"Lunch?" He stopped working and leaned back in his black seat. I could his arms flexed inside his suit which looked like they could pop on him. He successfully cracked his knuckles before placing his hands behind his head and looking over at me.

"I'd love that," I said before he got up and fixed his collar. He walked over to my desk and reached his hand down in front of me. I placed mine inside his and we left the office.

Lunch consisted of some conversation. He paid for everything again and smacked my hand away from the bill the cute waiter placed on the table with a little yellow sticky note on the bottom of it. I also learned that Max is a very jealous person during this specific lunch.

"You're going to call him?" He asked me with disgust in his voice. I held the yellow sticky note in my hand rereading what was on it.

Don't know if you're single but you're cute. Call me, maybe (317)-XXX-XXXX ;)

"I don't know. M-Maybe I'll just hold on to it-t." I struggled to say to him. We were sat in his limo going back to the office. He lowered the window and let the wind blow past his face before snatching the note from my hand and crumbling it and throwing it out the window. Shook.

"No." That was all he said before raising the window back up and keeping his eye contact on my hand where the note once was. I sat there with my mouth gaping open as I looked at him with shock and confusion. What the hell did he just do?

"We only have a few hours before we leave. You don't have to work, I just have a few more calls to make before we leave." He said and I nodded my head understanding he didn't want me in the office. I walked back to the front of the office and talked to Alana who was currently on FaceTime with Melanie.

"Wow, my friends are cheating on me with each other? Yikes." I placed my hand over my chest and fake a hurt expression.

"Oh shut it, get over here!" Alana called out to me and I jogged up to her. She had the phone resting on the screen of the computer as Melanie came into the view. I sat on Alana's lap as we talked about our plans for the upcoming weekend. From plans to tv shows and then making fun of each other, hours went by and Maximillion finally left the office and looked slightly drained.

"Ready to go?" I got up from Alana's lap and fixed my suit as I stood in front of him. He looked a bit confused but entertained about what was happening before he left the office.

"Yes, thank you for waiting. Goodnight Ms. Turner." He nodded at Alana before opening the door for me. I waved towards her and she shot me a quick wink before she was out of my eyeshot.

"She's your friend?" I nodded and he glared at me before I answered verbally.

"You like her?" He seemed a bit self-conscious or even jealous.

"Yes, as a friend. Don't worry, she's not my type." I said shrugging and he looked at me.

"It's the things between her chest and the one between her legs. Not a real turn-on." I said overly confident before getting into the black limo that stopped in front of us. I greeted Aleksandr and giggled when I heard Maximillion bark out a laugh after what I said.

"You are quite the something Stevenson." He said sitting next to me and telling Aleksandr Annabelle's name. I turned to face him and leaned in close to his face, his smell intoxicating, his features standing out more than ever, and his lips curving into a small smile before whispering, " It's just Miles." Maybe I'm on drugs but I could've sworn his breath hitched when I said that.

—-