Chapter 8

You and me we made a vow, for better or for worse. I can't believe you let me down. - I'm not the only one (Sam Smith)

Sorry it's short and shitty I'm super sick and I don't have the energy to do anything and also I'm finishing finals so yeah. Hope you like this chapter. Even though it's shitty *~*

*~*~*

Luke's POV

The taxi finally arrived at Central Park and I payed him. As soon as we got out she began to run but I knew how long her legs would take her before she gets tired. Not a lot. I run after her and grab her hand. We start walking into Central Park. Well I'm walking and Emma is being carried. Yes, I'm carrying her. She tried to run once and I don't doubt she would try to do it again. Ad that's something I seriously would't stand.

"LUKE PUT ME DOWN NOW!" She tells me while digging her nails in my back. I shake her a little hoping that she would stop with the nail digging and finally agrees to talk to me.

"I just need a minute of your time. That's all I'm asking for" I told her.

"Luke," She said laughing "you don't deserve a minute of my time. Not even a second so put me down NOW" She told me and I smiled, happy to hear her laugh again. ""What are you laughing about? Are you laughing at me?!" She told me and began to kick.

"Emma stop. You're drawing attention toward us" I told her and she stop. She just let me carried her.

*~*~*

I let her down and I dragged her down to the bench with me. I took hold of her hand nit wanting her to have an opportunity and run away.

"Luke, what do you want?!" She yells at me frustrated.

"Don't say anything. Just listen to me" I told her and she stayed quiet. "Emma, I leaved because I needed to support our family. The baby. I'm sorry I'm away. I really am, but you gotta understand my motives. I made a sacrifice leaving you in Australia to come here. When I saw you crying at the airport my heart... I could barely hold it all inside. When I saw you crying I wanted run to you, hug you, kiss you, tell you I love you and that everything was gonna be okay but I couldn't. If I kissed you that day I wouldn't be here. I would be with you in Australia. I wanted to kiss you so badly it hurt, but I'm here now begging you to forgive me. I love you and that baby you're carrying. I'm doing this for him/her because it's my baby too". I finished and my vision was blurry thanks to the tears. I whipped them away and looked at her. Her expression was emotionless but I could swear I saw a bit of forgiveness, love, sadness, and understanding in her eyes, but it disappeared as soon as I noticed it. "Give me one more chance. Please" I tell her and my voice cracks.

"I'm sorry Luke but I won't give you another chance. You had enough and you blew it. It's your fault!" She snaps at me and my face fell.

"But Emma, I- I love you.." I told her with my voice shaky now.

"I don't love you back"

My chest tightened and the words got caught in my throat. I felt my heart falling until it reached my toes. My vision began to be blurry again and I saw her walking away. I stayed in the bench and when I saw her out of the picture I began to cry my eyes out.

Emma's POV

"I don't live you back" Biggest lie I ever told anyone. Even myself. I felt the urge to cry but I fought it back not wanting Luke to see this effect he caused on me. Or the fact that I do love him.

As I leaved Luke behind I heard him sniffle and my heart shatters into a million pieces. I hurry towards the gate and when I don't see Luke anymore I began to cry like a mad person. Cursing myself for that lie. That lie that could ruin our possibly future friendship or relationship. I know things won't be the same between Luke and I anymore. I just do.