Twenty.

HUDSON

HUDSON

All Plague ships had managed to fire up and leave in a matter of minutes.

My ship was the leader of the pack. Sector 46 was just about two minutes away, and conditions were perfect for flying today.

The large field that many Rebel airships were stationed at finally came into view. They all seem to stop at once as I could sense their attention on us, especially from one little devil I could feel our bond with. I smirk under my helmet, as I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement in my chest to see her.

She's afraid, I could feel it. She's afraid of what my army could do to her precious little Rebel group with the simple word attack. Mara was also very... confident for some reason, which I couldn't wrap my finger around as to why.

"Shields up," I command to the fellow pilots flying horizontally with me. "And whatever you do, don't fire unless I command you to."

A red force field appears in front of our ships as we approach a distance of just two miles away from the battlefield. Yet I couldn't pinpoint Mara's location on the battlefield. She was hiding from me.

Quickly I begin to flip switches inside the cockpit, setting the airship into autopilot and automatic landing. The back door to my airship began to open, the sudden warmth of the day greeting me almost immediately.

My feet hit the grass, as I inhale a deep breath summoning my abilities. Then my eyes reopen, except they were a glowing shade of red this time.

"To the Rebel commanders and soldiers that walk this field," I say. My abilities were allowing my words to play through everyone's heads like one massive megaphone. "There is a mutant girl among you here today. Many of you might know her as the shining mutant in your pathetic lives. I am here because I have to speak with her. Alone. As you can see, you are clearly outnumbered four to one. Consider both of my offers. One. You will leave here unharmed, unfollowed, and my ships will return to the Capitol. Or two. My ships fire upon yours, completely destroying your fleet, leaving you with absolutely nothing. Oh, and I forgot to mention," I say, sarcastically chuckling. "The girl stays with me."

The commanding ship of the Rebel air fleet turns on their speaker to announce a message, but nothing comes out but a sharp ring. They were too scared to speak.

Typical.

"Commander G-R72," the Rebel speaker finally announces. "We don't even know where she is, let alone—"

I channel my powers directly to the voice that was speaking. Any words spoken by me would transfer into his head only.

"My ships are armed and ready, Captain. Don't make me test them out on your ships." My fists clench. It was taking all of my restraint not to fire on the rebel group. But if I were to attack, then my chances of getting Mara would be slim to none.