Forty-four.

Quick author's note guys — I originally wasn't going to post this chapter because I thought it was too corny. I really don't like it. But if I ever make a sequel to this book, this chapter will give me the foundation to create a plot for a lil' something new. Thank you so much for all of the support you are giving this book! Love you all!

_______

MARA

Pain.

The only thing I could feel at the moment was a burning sensation on my right hip. It felt as if someone were pressing a hot metal into my side, scorching the skin on contact until there was nothing left.

My eyes were hardly open due to my lack of energy. I felt weak. I couldn't move my arms nor my legs as I felt drained. Literally.

I used my senses to feel around. I was on a stretcher of some kind, as unfamiliar faces pushed me along through a never-ending cold hallway. People were shouting around me. But the only thing I could hear was the sound of my nervous heart pumping at the speed of light. A pair of eyes lands on mine as they widen before murmuring a few words to the fellow nurses.

"Don't worry, Mara," the nurse says looking down to me with a positive attitude. "You're in safe hands now."

Then, my other half pops into my head. Where was Hudson? I begin to panic, not knowing if he were safe or not. Did we end up winning the battle?

But all of the questions inside of my head suddenly fade, as they put a mask with anesthesia around my face. My eyes roll back in my head suddenly, and before I knew it I was out like a light.

Again.

_________________

"Shh, guys!" I hear a faint voice coming from my right ear. "She's waking up!"

I begin to hear voices, and I could've sworn I was going insane. Was I becoming one of those people from the horror movies that could talk to ghosts?

As I try and gather the strength to open my eyes, I am immediately blinded by a light in the sky. Closing my eyes, I try and lift my arm to block out the sun, and to my surprise my arm moves.

"Hudson?" I whisper nervously, and I begin to feel my legs and lower body again as I warm up,

"Aww, look!" A female gushes from the left of me. "She even calls out his name in visions!"

"Be quiet, dear!" A male voice hisses and chuckles in response. "She won't respond well to this if you don't keep your mouth closed."

Visions?

My eyes suddenly shoot open, and even though I was blinded by the lights in the sky, I would get over it. I felt hands touch my back softly, helping me sit up as my vision began to return to normal.

"Mara?" I heard a soft voice say from next to me. And that voice made me freeze. I hadn't heard that voice for... sixteen years to be exact. "Mara, baby." I heard a soft sniffle come from her nose as her fingers delicately trace my back.

My eyes look up to almost a spitting image of me, as my mother was kneeled in front of me with a look of pride on her face.

"Mom?" I whisper, as I suddenly found myself getting emotional. I didn't believe it at first. I didn't believe that she was sitting right here in front of me after all of these years.

Suddenly I throw my arms around her as she squeezes her arms around me in return. Whatever pain I was feeling at the moment soon went away, as the power of a mother's touch warmed my soul instantly. I missed her and my father more than anything in this world.