Thirty-one.

I woke up to the shrill sound of an alarm clock.

The stupid, motherfreaking alarm clock that Priscilla must've set behind our backs.

Then, I felt a warm chest against my back as Hudson shifted in his spot, only to lazily crush the alarm clock that woke him from his deep slumber. He then continued to wrap his muscular arm around me, as I had never felt more safe nor protected in my entire life.

I began to shift, when suddenly his arms wrap around me even tighter, not allowing me to move.

"Calm down, I'm just turning over silly goose!" I mumble to him and laugh, as he finally releases me slightly only for me to get squished between his boobs.

At least they were nice boobs.

"I'm not a silly goose," he claims as the gorgeous sound of his morning voice fills my ears. "My neck isn't that long, is it?" He complains looking down onto my tired orbs.

I don't even want to explain what sarcasm is to him, because it would surely take an hour to do so.

"We need to find a nickname for you then," I say, smiling lazily up to his face. "What about 'H'?" I question.

"Using the first letter of my name isn't creating a nickname, Mara." He says it like it was the first thing he learned in school, and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Huddy?" I suggest.

"Hell no," he exaggerates. "That sounds like a popular e-boy name from the 21st century. If you ever call me Huddy, then I'd change my name in an instant."

I sigh. "You're really difficult sometimes," I say closing my eyes once more.

"Only for you, Mara." He pecks my forehead before pushing the hair in my face behind my ear, only to wrap his arm around me tightly once more.

The bond between us was at its full peak. I couldn't stand to be far away from him for a long period of time, and neither could he. That very much proved to be true, when I had gotten up to make breakfast without Hudson. He came in two minutes later with an angry yet pouty look on his face, as he didn't leave my side the entire time we ate breakfast together.

The bond also made us feel each other's emotions just enough so that if I were feeling sad, Hudson would immediately try to cheer me up or get my mind off whatever I was thinking about.

Elaine hadn't sent us a single message since yesterday which has me slightly on edge. My greatest fear is that she might've been exposed as a rebel against the Rebels, or even worse she might be dead for high treason. I kept telling myself everything would be okay though, because Elaine was a strong, independent woman and was more than capable enough of getting Wes off her ass.

It was a gorgeous, sunny day outside the underground home. Although it was peak fall at the moment, the warm sun rays made up for the chilly air around us as we decided today would be a perfect day for training outside.

Hudson refused to fight me for the hour long combat session. He claimed that "if one of us were to get hurt before battle, it wouldn't be good", or something like that. But either way I respected his decisions, even though I knew he was being slightly overprotective over me.

We were in the middle of fighting holograms above ground, when suddenly the sound of a ship in the distance makes us freeze in our positions.

"It's Priscilla," he says as his eyes glow red, analyzing the ship. "And apparently she's not alone."

"Can you see who they are?" I ask curiously, admiring his glowing eyes from afar. Priscilla had always seemed like a very closed off person. She rarely had friends nor knew anyone else around her.