Fourty-one.

HUDSON
_______

"Charge!" I shout, battle calls erupting behind us as soldiers begin running in proudly.

This was the moment of truth. We had to reach the Capitol in order to win this battle and all of the next ones. The United Sectors relied on the Capitol for all of information and orders sent out by the Plague. Once we took the building, the Plague would then be defenseless against incoming attacks, giving us the major advantage as our army sweeps the country, removing any trace of the Plague on sight.

Ryan was currently at the front of the pack, taking all of the bullets like a champ. The shots hardly affected him as he continued to push forward. Damn, Ryan would make an amazing commander one day. He shows true leadership and is willing to sacrifice himself for the rest of the army.

I look to Mara, and a smirk grows on my face. I inspect her adorable yet determined face, as she attempts to look menacing. She notices me staring unashamedly, and smiles back.

"Ready?" I say twirling my sword, eyeing the thousands of Plague guards that stood directly in our path.

She grips her sword, smiling. "Hell yeah."

And that was the final sentence she said, before we both race each other, taking on our first enemy with a bang as Mara summons a force field to block the incoming bullets of the troops from striking us.

The thousands of Rebel troops behind us were helpful in fending some of the Plague guards off. While the Plague may have trained their soldiers for years in combat, they didn't train to withstand the true power of unity and pride. Our people wanted change, and they wanted it now.

But just as we thought this was the final wave of ground troops, this time another round of robots came from the ground—robots with a nine-foot tall bodies of steel. And of course, they just had to have flying mechanisms.

I was trying to conserve my energy for the fight versus Red later. But by the looks of it, I may have to use my powers a lot in order to fight these things off our tail.

"Guys, we may have a slight problem," Ryan shouts over the commotion, picking up a Plague soldier and throwing him into a dozen more bodies, knocking them over like bowling pins. "Asher is currently being chased by a whole pack of fighter jets, and isn't looking too good."

We look up, to see Asher barreling through the sky at speeds which were humanely impossible. He was only going a slightly faster speed than the jets or even slower, as the lasers were getting a bit too close for comfort for Asher to handle. Our Rebel ships were currently occupied as well with taking down defenses and of course fighting other battle ships.

Suddenly, an idea that I would thoroughly like pops into my head as I smirk.

"Connor," I say urgently over the earpiece. "Is there a spare C-32 in Sector 50 by any chance?" I say, beginning to break off from the pack as Mara eyes me curiously while fighting soldiers. "I'm going to give Asher a much-needed helping hand."

"Thank you! Finally someone helps out the solo air mutant!" Asher exclaims over the earpiece, clearly out of breath. You could hear the wind rushing through the earpiece which showed just how fast he was flying.

"It's for backup purposes only," Connor begins. "But I'm sure I could hack into its mechanisms and make it fly over to you. I'm just worried about the landing spot. How are you going to get in—"

"I don't need one," I interrupt, picking up my pace to the end of the battlefield. "Just send one over and I'll crush those weak Plague pilots."

Connor must have extremely fast fingers, because in the distance I already see an C-32 jet blasting towards me at full speed.