Thirty-five.

Starting Friday off with a new chapter.😎 Enjoy!
______

MARA

"Hudson's fallen for you like a lost puppy coming back to its mother," Priscilla claims as we all prepare to go upstairs for training.

A blush creeps onto my face, as I nervously brush a strand of hair behind my ear. "Maybe."

Everyone was here except for Hudson and Ryan, and I could only pray that the two hadn't been beating the life out of each other for the past hour. The four of us were huddled around the kitchen counter as we discussed future plans for the battle. Today would be our last day of training before we head back to Sector 50, the sector next to the Capitol, to meet with the Rebels.

Connor's abilities were... Well, it's hard to describe. He doesn't have a physical power, in any way. But the kid has serious brain power. He's created inventions and formulas that even put Einstein to shame. His power is his IQ—and nobody in the world could top his brains.

For the past couple of days, he's been working on a plethora of different weapons for soldiers to use in the battle. When we beat the Plague, Connor will surely have a high ranking in the armed forces for his brainpower.

Despite Connor's sleep protests, he managed to stay up all last night to work on it and was still as energetic as a bee. And get this—he doesn't even drink coffee.

"Connor, you can stay here and work on your invisibility device," Priscilla says. "But please watch the Morse code device. I'm sure with your brain you could decipher it in a heartbeat." She smiles before turning to Lucy and I. "Ready for training, ladies?"

"Heck yeah," we say simultaneously, fist bumping each other before we follow Priscilla up the stairs and onto the top of the mountain to the training arena.

"Today I'm going to win," Lucy teases proudly as I playfully punch her on the shoulder.

"I'm just going two for two." I smile. "So if you don't mind, I have a winning streak to keep."

"Ladies, I swear you act like young boys sometimes!" Priscilla scolds making us both laugh.

As we reach the top, I saw something I never expected to see. Hudson and Ryan were both fighting... in a friendly way. Ryan wasn't completely rock this time either, as they both had smiles on their faces as well.

Did somebody give them drugs?

Ryan suddenly pins Hudson to the ground with a loud thud, but instead of feeling pain through our bond I felt happiness.

"Yes!" Hudson shouts with a smile. "That was exactly how I showed you to do it!" Ryan helps him up and gives him a high five. "Damn, when you use your abilities you'll be twice the fighter I am."

"My God," Lucy breathes, stopping in her position next to me. "That's the first time I've seen Ryan genuinely smile since..." she pauses. "Six years ago."

I look at Hudson with proud eyes, and immediately he turns as he feels my gaze. I smile shyly at him, and he smiles back even though we were a good twenty yards apart. The walk over to the training arena felt like ages, as his eyes didn't leave my figure once the entire walk.

"Ryan, Hudson," Priscilla greets them, as we all huddle up again. "Today's training will be slightly different. Here I have a device that allows me to simulate a real life battle, which is what you all will be doing in two days anyways." She pulls out a small mirror-like object which I assumed was a projector. "This machine will spawn enemies that are almost like regular humans. Except if they touch you, they zap you. I won't say how hard so you can all experience it for yourselves. This exercise will enable you all to work better as a team and work on communication skills. Swords and powers are allowed."