Fourty.

Just as a reminder — four chapters will be posted today. The main fight scene was much too long to be posted into one chapter. Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!❤️
___________

As the alarms began to sound throughout the Capitol, that only riled the four of us more.

Only three Plague pilots were in the sky right now. While they didn't seem like a threat, their high speed and weaponry attached could scare the daylights out of the toughest of men. These were the guard ships Elaine had described, doing their usual duty by keeping watch across the large, opening field in front of the Capitol.

Hudson scoffs. "I wonder if they even know who we are," he smirks, twirling his sword as the ships were now just two football fields away. "Get ready to fly, Mara."

The ships began firing their weapons, but we dodged the shots with ease. I ready myself, positioning my sword as suddenly Hudson launches himself and I into the air with his levitation powers.

Ryan jumps off the ground with his pure strength, as his fist was enough to crush one of the ships like a soda can. Hudson and I's swords were keen enough to slice straight through the Plague airships as the sound of explosions erupt from behind us. We continue our badass walk towards the Capitol, not bothering to look back at the destruction.

"Wow guys," Lucy pouts from behind us. "Thanks for leaving all the destruction to me!"

"We'll let you get em' next time, Lucy," Ryan promises and she smiles.

"The first Plague defenses are down!" Elaine exclaims over the airwaves. "Bombers, full speed ahead. Take down those air defenses so that the fighter jets can begin attacking Plague reinforcements!"

But what Plague reinforcements? The sky was mainly clear from what I saw.

"Come on!" Ryan shouts, pounding his chest like a beast. "Give us a challenge at least!"

But suddenly in the distance, the sounds of different ships, Plague ships to be more specific came in the dozens. And by the looks of it, they were ready for a fight as well. But even with their ships coming in hot, we still had more planes coming in from behind locked and loaded with ammunition and guns.

"Really Ryan? You had to say that?" Hudson says rolling his eyes at him making Lucy and I laugh.

"And... done!" Connor exclaims over our earpieces. "I just hacked into the mainframe of their defense system, meaning their defense weaponry is temporarily disabled. It won't last for long though... they have a good anti-hacking system that seems to be overriding my override!"

And to prove his claim, the air defenses didn't even move as the bombers flew over us. They launched their missiles towards the machines, as we watch the system go down in a fiery explosion.

"I don't get how you two can understand that kid sometimes," Hudson says to Ryan and Lucy, being sure his earpiece is turned off.

"That's the thing," Ryan laughs before shifting into his rock form. "We don't!"

And with a firm jump that shook the ground, Ryan was already flying towards a group of ground soldiers that had just come from the underground defense tunnels. But by the looks of those things... they weren't people. They were robots. And there were at least a hundred of them.

Ryan's fist comes in contact with the ground, slamming and sending more than ten of those robots flying into the air. He was an absolute unit. As he took the fire from over a hundred laser guns, he didn't seem to be affected by it by the least. We all run after him, getting ready to take on some of the robots as well.