Twenty-two.

Y'all have been asking for a visual of Hudson. This was the photo I found that depicted him best!

 This was the photo I found that depicted him best!

HUDSON

As I flew back early that night, I had replaced the helmet on my head—the one Mara hadn't ruined of course, after re-entering my ship.

There was a weird feeling inside me when Mara declined my offer. Was it sadness? Maybe even something that many called heartbreak? I had never felt something quite like it.

Either way, I told myself I could care less, as the Capitol building finally came into view. Flipping the switches on automatic land, I eagerly await my arrival to see King Red. Note my sarcasm? He will be absolutely furious that Mara isn't dead. My first lie will be that she is heavily beaten up, and that she was too powerful for me to kill her. And if he didn't believe me? Then I would try my convincing powers on him.

As I stepped foot out of the ship, I was immediately questioned by lower-ranking generals and councilmen who all wanted to know why I made the executive decision to remove all ships from the battlefield. I could care less about them as I kept walking towards the throne room, rehearsing my lines for later in the day when I would be meeting with King Red. I hurry back to my room, as I rush to change my bloody shirt before anyone noticed.

"Commander G-R72," a female voice from behind me calls. I hated that code name with my life now. "King Red wants you in his throne room. Immediately."

The woman wasn't going to leave unless I followed her. I received many stares throughout the halls, wondering the reason as to why so many people were looking at me.

I read one person's mind who made direct eye contact with me. They were afraid. Not of me, but for me. King Red must've said something to everyone regarding me, and I wasn't having it.

Finally we had reached the throne room, and all I could sense was the pure anger radiating off the man sitting there. I crack my knuckles, preparing myself for another long, boring speech. As I look to Red's face, I sworn he could've aged since the last time I saw him. His dark beard now had hints of grey wedged in between individual strands, and his wrinkles under his eyes were now more prominent.

"Come in, my boy," King Red announces with a hint of annoyance in his voice, as his words echoed off the walls of the large room. "Kneel."

I slowly follow his orders, until I stopped myself halfway. I didn't want to. It took every last fiber within me to follow his commands. But as I searched for any will to do so, there was none left.

Mara had changed me.

I stood in defiance to his orders. With raging eyes, Red stood from his throne.

"You dare defy my orders? From a king?" He shouts, his voice deafening through the speakers of my helmet. "Bow down to me, or I'll send you through reform so harsh, you'll forget who you are!" His horrifying shouts echo through the large hall.