Thirty-two.

The Next Day

"So, I'm sure you both are wondering who we are, and where we live."

Lucy was pacing back and forth just in front of the window, as all five of us watched from the three couches facing her.

Everyone had gathered into the living room for a 'mutant meeting' in Connor's words, or a small talk before we would go outside for training. It would give Hudson and I a better idea of who these people were.

"Ryan, Connor and I all come from Sector 13 in the North," Lucy explains. "You may know that the Plague doesn't particularly favor that sector because of the high amounts of poverty there. They only favor the rich."

I felt Hudson become uncomfortable between our bond, and I place a hand on his thigh sending reassurance. I wasn't sure if he would ever be comfortable talking about his past life as a Plague commander. But I'm sure one day the time would come when he could fully trust everyone in our friend group.

"We managed to hide and blend in with humans for years, Thanks to our brainiac, Connor," Lucy continues as Connor's face turns a light shade of pink. "He was able to develop technology that would... cover our DNA in a way. It confused the mutant-detecting machines to think that our genes were like any other human. There used to be four more of us in hiding as well. Two are at home right now, safe and sound. The other two rebelled against us..." her voice trails off. "Let's just say it's a story for another time."

"So there really are more mutants..." I say as my voice trails off. This could mean so many things. We were the people that Priscilla wanted to continue her legacy with. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to the other two that are at home right now, and why aren't they here?"

Lucy looks down with a sad glint in her eyes. "No, don't be afraid to ask. They're a couple named Elle and Asher. The most adorable couple on the planet by the way," she gushes as she continues. "I helped them get together so long ago—"

"Lucy, we love your stories and all, but just get on with the story, would you?" Ryan's voice cuts in making me furrow my eyebrows. Now that was pretty rude.

To make it even worse, Ryan somehow sensed my eye contact. He stares into my blue eyes, and has the audacity to wink as he does double takes of my body once more.

I didn't want to look into Hudson's eyes, and in all honesty I was afraid to. But I already knew he was trying his best to control his anger as he tightened an arm around me.

"Okay, I'm sorry Ryan. I'll make it short." Lucy sighs and continues. "Asher and Elle are an extremely powerful duo, and sometimes Connor would have trouble covering up their mutated genes. Gravity doesn't work on Asher. He can fly and has extraordinary strength like Ryan. Elle on the other hand has the ability to summon pure energy, which is insane. The other two that rebelled... their names were Brad and Brittney. They attempted to make Elle and Asher, who are childhood best friends, turn against each other. Brittney and Brad had to be kicked out of the house. They were secretly snakes behind our backs for years and we had no clue."

My eyes widen. Thank goodness we didn't have that kind of trouble in our life. And I definitely wanted to meet this couple in real life one day just to see their powerful abilities in action.

"Let's just say, the Plague command centers in the North are very different from the Plague Capitol here. They know we exist—and they had been trying to find us for years. About a month ago, we confronted the evil mutants in our sector." Lucy pauses. "But in the end, it would be the Plague that would turn against all of us—even the evil mutants. To fight for our survival, us eight mutants had to unite as one, and take down the Plague army that surrounded us."