Part 35: Valkyrie

Monday 20th January
"You know, I'm beginning to understand why you hate school, look at this place! It looks like a prison!" Ryujin says
"It's not the building, it's the people in the building." I tell her
"Well it looks like you won't be here for much longer anyway right?"
"I still have another year and a half left, legally I can't leave school until I'm 18." I sighed
"So as soon as you turn 18 you're gonna drop out?"
"Yep, I've got a good career going for me now, and if Tottenham don't need me anymore, I can always play for a Korean team."
"That's good, so why are we here again?" Ryujin asked
"I have to get my grades for my English retake exam, I failed last time."
"I'm sure you've done way better this time." Ryujin cheers
"Hopefully."

I go inside the school and look at all the tables set up, one had a sign said Last names a-e the second was f-k then l-p, q-u and finally v-z
I go to the table with my surname and I ask for my results.
The teacher gave me a brown envelope, I then opened it to look at my grade.
English Language- B
I passed! I actually passed! Finally!
This meant I didn't need to go to English classes any more which also meant I could spend more time training or visiting Ryujin.

I got out of school and went back over to Ryujin
"Well?" She asked in anticipation
"I passed!" I said cheerfully
She then ran over and gave me a hug almost knocking me to the ground
"I'm so proud of you!"
"Thanks."

My phone then began to ring, I looked at the called ID and it was Thea. For the first time in over a week she has contacted me.
"Who is it?" Ryujin asked
"It's Thea."
"Answer it then!"
I answered the FaceTime and I instantly heard
"Hi (Y/n)!"
"Hi, how's everything going?" I asked
"It couldn't be better, we're preparing to announce the group soon!"
"That's so cool, have you prepared a group name and stage name yet?"
"Maybe, I'm not gonna tell you. You're gonna have to wait like everyone else."
"Argh fine, you're so mean." I said
"Girls we have to prepare for your photo shoots! Let's go!" I heard from the background
"Who's that?" I asked
"My manager, sorry I have to go, bye!"

Thea PoV
We were on our way to do our photo shoot for the group's announcement and I couldn't have been more excited. I was actually going to be in a group!
I remember meeting each of my group members for the first time, we were just trainees at that point and none of us had any idea we would be here now.

First you have Park Hana, she's the oldest and most responsible. She is half American and half Korean, she moved to England when she was seven.
Next you have Kim Yerim, her parents are both Korean but she was born in England, her father owns a famous publishing company.
Lee Izumi, her father is Japanese but lived in England his whole life. Her mother is English and owns a small restaurant just outside of London.
Finally is Tori Lewis, she's the youngest in the group, she's fully English, her parents got divorced when she was five but it didn't really bother her that much, she lives in West London with her mother and has a younger brother.

"Welcome, to your first photo shoot. Before that however you will all have an on-camera interview to use for the announcement." JYP said
"I think we should start with the leader." My manager said, looking to me
"Ok, I guess I'm ready." I said
"Great, now just sit in the chair and look to me, not the camera. Just be calm and answer the questions how you normally would." JYP instructed softly
"Got it."
JYP then signalled to the Interviewer to start

"To start off, easy question, what is your name?" The interviewer said
"My name is Thea (L/n)."
"How old are you?"
"I'm 18."
"When did you first hear about JYP Entertainment?"
"Back in 2016 when I started listening to Kpop properly, I only listened to a few groups until then."
"Who were your first Kpop groups to stand out to you?"
"TVXQ I remember mostly, but also Shinee and VAV."
"Ok, so who is your favourite JYP group?"
"I couldn't pick, they're all unique and great in their own ways."
"Ok, any siblings?"
"One younger brother and one older brother, they are both famous."
"Famous? Who are they?"
"Joshua (L/n), he plays football for PSG but we don't talk. My younger brother is (Y/n) (L/n), he plays football for Tottenham Hotspur."
"You mean the (Y/n) (L/n) who is dating Itzy's Ryujin?"
"Yep."

"Ok, next question. What is your stage name?"
"My stage name, is Valkyrie."
"Could you explain why?" The interviewer asked, sounding intrigued
"In Norse mythology, the Valkyrie were the protectors of Asgard and Valhalla. The reason I thought of that was because normally if something was happening to my brother, I'd protect him. He always compared me to a Valkyrie so I thought it was a good name."
"That's very interesting and nice. Now I think we'll end it with a little message to the fans."
"Ok, to all the people watching, make sure you don't miss our debut. Right now we are just a group of unknown girls to you, but in time we will grow closer, and you can grow with us."

"Great, and cut." JYP said
"How was that?" I asked
"Perfect, now who's next? Hana?"
"Ok, I'll give it a shot." Hana said

A/n: I know that it's not a chapter about (Y/n) but subplots are like a breath of fresh air. Some of you might be thinking 'but what about the Watford chapter?' and I know, but sometimes football can get a little repetitive to write about if their chapters are tightly packed together.
Anyway, I have a twitter account for this where I'll hopefully be posting updates and maybe I'll even post some memes about the stories there, it's @GotNoJams0613 ,the same as my Wattpad.
Thanks for reading!