Part 46: The Return

After I left, I went to one of the only places that I knew could clear my head, the football pitch.

I juggled the football for a bit before volleying it into the top left corner. I sighed before retrieving the ball from the back of the net.
When I went back to where I was standing just outside of the box, I saw a person next to the foundation's building and they looked like they were looking for something.

I went over and on closer inspection it was the woman I had met on Mount Fuji when I first got here.
"Hello." I said
She turned to look at me, she then smiled
"Oh hi, it's you. You're the kid I met on Mount Fuji if I'm not mistaken, (Y/n) (L/n)."
"Yep that's me, and if I remember correctly your name is Kagami Tanaka."
"You're correct."
"So why are you here anyway?" I asked
"I was just expecting to talk to the person in charge, but it doesn't look like they're here."
"Why do you need to see them? Is there anything wrong?"
"No, I just wanted to thank them. It's just that my son didn't have many friends before he did this, and now he has lots of nice people around him, and my daughter comes here too and now she's figured out what she wants to do with her life. So I wanted to thank them." She explained
"Wait are you, by any chance, Ren and Akeno's mum?"
"Yes, do you know them?"
"Yeah, I spend most of my time here so I know them well."
"That's nice to hear, well I was going to give the person in charge this cooking to say thank you, but it doesn't look like they're here."
She held up a bag with some plastic containers inside

At that moment I heard a shout from down the road accompanied by the loud footsteps of two different people
"(Y/n)!"
By the voice, I knew one of the people was Ren. When he got to the building, he saw me talking to his mother, Akeno arrived shortly after.
Ren and Akeno looked confused as to why their mother was here
"Mum, why are you here?" Ren asked
"I was going to give this cooking to the person who runs this as a thank you."
"Uh, mum, you do realise (Y/n) is the person who runs it right? I mean his name is on the sign above the pitch." Akeno said
Kagami then looked at the sign above the pitch which in big bold writing said my name, realisation soon set in and she was embarrassed that she didn't notice before
"I'm so sorry for not realising, you should've said something." She said to me

We continued talking about Ren and Akeno's progress and needless to say Kagami was really pleased about it, she was surprised to hear about how quick Akeno had picked up football and how well they were both doing.
I gave the suggestion of watching a recording I had of the match the training team had played against the pros, so we went inside and watched it on the computer. Kagami was more than happy when she saw Akeno score the equaliser.

We were there for about an hour just discussing everything that had been going on, and that's when I checked my emails and saw something that surprised me.
There were two emails, one from Crystal Palace and one from the Tottenham Hotspur Women's Team.
"Huh? What's this?" I said
"What's what?" Ren asked
"I have some emails here from some teams, I'll open the Crystal Palace one first."
"What does it say?"

"It says, Hello, (Y/n) (L/n), you might not be aware but we are writing to you about a young prospect you have in your foundation, his name is Ren Tanaka. We noticed that you are the only person we could contact in regards to this matter so we assume that you are his agent at this point in time.
We would like for Mr Tanaka to play for the Crystal Palace youth team, please write back as soon as you read this email."

I read the Spurs Woman's Team letter too and this one was basically the same but for Akeno instead. I couldn't believe it, I had no idea that anyone had even seen these guys play and now they have offers coming in from premier league teams.
Akeno and Ren were dumbfounded, they were completely shocked. They looked over at Kagami who was confused.
"I don't get it." She said
"Kagami, these are top teams asking for your son and daughter to play for them."
"Really? That's great!"
"There's one slight problem though." I said
"What's that?"
"They're both London teams, so if Ren and Akeno are going to play for them, they need to first move to England."