Part 45: Five-a-side fury

The five-a-side match got underway with the Professional team instantly taking the lead, they were lined up in a 0-3-1 formation while the training team were all over the place.

Needless to say the training team weren't very good, but what could you expect when some of the can't communicate properly and haven't been playing with each other before. This was just part of the plan.
"Are you sure this was a good idea?" Miss Davis asked
"Yes, trust me it's all going according to plan."
"How?"
"You'll see."

The pro team would go on to finish the first half with the score line being 5-0 in their favour, with two goals from Zlatan, one from Iniesta, one from Xavi and one from Dembele.
The training team looked sad and hopeless and they went inside the building next to the pitch.

I walked over to the room which had the door closed, I then knocked on the door. It was then opened by Ryu Hagiwara.
Everyone was silent and looked miserable, I then sighed
"Are you guys seriously going to act like that over the first half?" I asked
"There's no point, they're gonna beat us in the second half too." Akeno said
"If I had that kind of attitude when I was playing for Spurs earlier this season, do you think Pochettino would still have picked me for the squad?"
"No." Ryu sighed
"Then why are you guys so down, let me tell you a story. On the 8th of May 2019, a game was played in Amsterdam, in the semifinals of the Champions League, one of the teams were already 1-0 up on aggregate. By then end of the first half the other team was 3-0 down. That team was Spurs."
"Then what happened, they lost right?" Akeno asked
"No." Ren said
"What happened Ren, why don't you share it with everyone?" I said
"Spurs came out in the second half and Lucas Moura scored three goals, with the last one being in the 96th minute, this meant Spurs would go to the Champions League Final."
"Exactly, do you want to know what happened in the changing room at half time?"
"What?" Min Jun asked
"Harry Kane went into the changing room, with his injured leg. And he shouted at them, he wasn't light on bad language either, he told them exactly what he thought of their performance so far, and that right there, is what got their spirits up so that they could fight for their spot in the Finals."

Before I left the changing room, I gave Min Jun a whiteboard and a marker, I then left and closed the door behind me.
"If I may ask, why did you want Min Jun Choi to come here too, because he wasn't on the list before you asked, and he was pretty low down in the ranks too." Miss Davis asked
"The thing is, you guys have only been looking at their abilities on the pitch, meanwhile I've been looking at the bigger picture."
"What do you mean?"
"You'll see."
"Can you stop saying that!?"

Both teams came out for the second half, and the training team had a different aura about them, they were no longer sad and instead looked focused. They quickly arranged themselves in a 2-2-0 formation before the game got underway.

In the second half, the training team got off to a great start, they kept possession and were passing all over the field. And not long after, they had scored a goal and it was 5-1.
The training team kept pushing on and was finding every opportunity to break through the pro's midfield and score.

The second half was drawing to a close and the pro team were in the lead 5-4, the training team never slowed down either, they kept pushing on.

In the last ten seconds of the game, Ji Hu passed it to Ren who then passed to Min Jun, then to Ryu who slots it through Iniesta and Dembele to get it to Akeno. She then gets the ball and goes round Schmeichel and buries it in the back of the net.

I then blew the final whistle and the training team cheered like crazy, I went over to the pro team and shook all of their hands.
"Thanks for coming guys."
"No problem, what you're doing for these kids is great." Xavi replied
"And also thanks for going easy on them too."
"Well it was for the best, I'm sure we'll be seeing these kids play professionally in the future." Schmeichel said
"I agree."

"Alright everyone line up and shake hands!" I said
Everyone shook hands and the pro team had to get on their way, with some having flights in a couple of hours. Miss Davis comes up to me and says
"Looks like your plan came together."
"Yeah, see I told you. Do you get why I picked Min Jun Choi?"
"It's still a bit confusing."
"Ok come with me."
I took Miss Davis to the room where the training team were at half time, I then pick up a whiteboard and hand it to her.
"These are..."
"The tactics used in the second half, it's how they came back from 5-0 down."
"So who did it?"
"Well he may not be the best player here, but one thing's for sure, Min Jun Choi is a master tactician in the making."
"So what'll that mean for him in the future?"
"At the moment, being a player doesn't look very likely for him, but being a manager, that is the most likely thing to happen."

11th April 2020
I was practicing Kendo with Sensei and we were duelling, he beat me every single time. And every time I would get back up and say I wanted a rematch.
It got to a point where he sighed and took the shinai off of me and put it away
"I wasn't done, I want another round." I said
"I know." He said

He went into a different room for a minute and came back, he then threw something to me. I looked down and it was a bo staff.
"Try that." He said
I grasped the staff in my hands and swung at the air a few times, it was almost as tall as me.

I used the staff for the next couple of duels and surprisingly I could handle it better than the shinai. We continued practicing for hours, but it felt like minutes. We were eventually stopped when Miss Davis entered the room.
"Sorry to bother both of you, but (Y/n) you need to see this." She said
"See what?"
She gave me her phone and I read the first thing I saw

'Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino announces that he will be leaving the club at the end of the season due to creative differences with Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy. Pochettino has been given until the end of the season to continue his work at the club and he says

"Daniel had always viewed Tottenham in a different perspective than I, while we ultimately want Tottenham to achieve the same goal, one of us isn't ready to sacrifice as much to reach that goal. For now I'll just continue my work with the players, and when the season ends, I hope it's on a high note so that when I look back, I will have no regrets."

Joseph Park, one of the team's latest signings, had this to say

There was a link to a video, I then clicked the play button

"While I didn't come here with the soul purpose to play under Pochettino, I can still clearly see that he is integral to the team's success. Before he came into the club, Spurs barely knew what it meant to play in the Champions League, and now look at us. Tottenham wouldn't be where it is today without Pochettino, so it angers me to see this happen-"

"Thank you but that'll be all for now, Joseph will not answer any more questions."

Joseph was visibly upset and furious, and Alice was trying to make the press leave, she quickly ushered Joseph into a car.

I inhaled deeply and ran my hand through my hair, I then went to leave the room
"There's still more." Miss Davis said
"I'm done reading it, I need to clear my head."

A/n: Something is close... I can feel it, it's just the feeling I've got, like something is about to happen, but I don't know what, if that means what I think it means.

(Y/n) will return, soon.

Thanks for reading!