Part 41: Why should I help?

I've arrived at my second destination, Qatar. If I'm right the person I'm looking for should be at the Al Sadd training ground.
I then travel there and wait around at the training ground entrance until the person I was looking for arrived.
They were in a car and upon seeing me, rolled down the window
"Who are you?" He asked
"I'm (Y/n) (L/n), I'm from England. I play for Tottenham Hotspur."
"Tottenham Hotspur? That London club?"
"Yeah, that's it."
"So what's that got to do with me?" He asked
"Well, I need some help about how to get better."
"Well you've come to the wrong man, I can't do anything for you, I'm not the player I once was."
"Please, Xavi."
"Sorry kid, I can't."

He then rolled up the car window and drove into the training ground. I sighed and sat on the pavement.
"Looks Like I'll be waiting for a while."
The day went by and I continued waiting outside of the training ground, the players had finished training and they were all leaving, Xavi then came out in his car and saw me once again
"Go home kid, whatever you're looking for, I haven't got it."
He then drove off once again and left me at the training ground
I then decided to go back to the hotel and wait until the next day.

The next day had came and I woke up really early so I could wait for Xavi again. I showered and got dressed, I then got a notification on my phone.
Message from Ryujinnie
-I'm getting ready to go back home and see my family for the first time since forever, should I tell them about us?

-Pabo, they probably have the news, they will probably be asking you about me. You can tell them if you want!
-me

I then made my way to the training ground once again and stayed in the exact same spot as the day before, waiting for Xavi to arrive. It was the exact same as the day before, just sitting and doing nothing.
It took an hour or two before he showed up, and when he saw me he rolled his eyes and lowered the car window
"Go home kid, I already told you I can't help you." He said
"That's not true, I know you have something that can help me, you're the Xavi! One of the best footballers in the world!"
"Stop. I used to be, not anymore."
He then drove into the training ground and I was left on the pavement once more

After training had ended he left in his car once again, he stopped the car and saw me still waiting, he then rolled his eyes and drove off.
"Well, I could always wait one more day I guess." I said
I then got ready to go back to the hotel when his car pulled up back at the training ground where I was standing.
He sighed before speaking
"You just don't know when to quit, fine get in."
I got into the car and he took me into the training ground, he parked the car and we got out.
We went onto a football pitch and he looked at me before kicking a football at me which I then controlled and stopped
"What're you doing?" I asked
"I'm gonna see what you're made of."

We spent the next hour playing and doing some drills, we did passing, tackling and shooting. Once we were finished, we sat down on the pitch and rested a little.
"You're a good player, but I want to know, what are you playing for and what are your motivations?" He asked me
"My motivations? Probably my teammates, those guys took me in without hesitation, and not to mention Joseph, some people say we're like brothers. I just want to make them guys happy and repay what they've done for me."
"That's a good answer but I'm expecting more than that, but before you give me that answer I'll ask you a simple question, why do you play?"
"Why do I play football, well I just love the sport really, I fell in love with it from as soon as I could remember. And I've been playing ever since."
"Good answer, now elaborate on your answer to my first question, because I think you missed out something."
"I missed out something?"
"Who motivates you, not just in football but in everything?" Xavi asked
I then got it
"Oh right, Ryujin obviously."
"Who's that?"
"My girlfriend."
"That was the answer I was looking for, I could sense it, you just had that look about you. Anyway, you've answered my questions so I think it's only fair if I answer yours."

"Really?" I asked
"Yeah."
"Ok, the whole reason I came here was to ask you this question, how do I get better because Zlatan's told me to get better physically. So what do I do?"
"Ha, typical Zlatan with physicality. Well as my time as a player I knew one thing, probably the best skills a player could have. Mentality and awareness, so basically just improving your mind."
"Of course, I should've thought about that." I said
"Sometimes the most obvious things are the most overlooked since you look for the most difficult answers." Xavi says

I then remember something Ryujin said back in the airport before she left to go back to Korea
"That's not right, you've put your heart and soul into this, not just for yourself, but for everyone else as well"
"Ha, I get it now." I said
"Get what?" Xavi asked
"Back on transfer deadline day, my girlfriend told me that it was unfair for me to be a reserve now since I put my heart and soul into the team. But listening to you and Zlatan, I forgot mind and body."
"I guess that makes sense. So where will you go after this?"
"Tokyo."
"Well good luck on getting better, now I need to go home."

A few days later
I entered the building in the location Zlatan told me, but I couldn't see anyone
"Hello?" I called
"Is anyone there?" I asked
That moment someone kicked the back of my knees causing me to kneel on the floor, the person then stood in front of me with a bothered expression.
"You're late." He said
"Sorry about that, it took me longer than expected to get here." I replied
He looked somewhat old, he was definitely passed his 40s and had no hair left. He told me he was Japanese and had some Korean in him too, he had also been learning martial arts for his whole life.
"That doesn't matter now, are we gonna start training or what?"

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•In the next Chapter•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

"I can't do this anymore, I'm exhausted."
"No wonder they put you in the reserves, you're weak."

"Why him Ryujin, when there are so many other guys out there?"
"I don't care, I love him!"

"Henry, we've been friends for a while now, I think I want to be more than that."
"Really?!"
"Yeah, So what do you say?"
"Hell yeah!"
"Great, we are now officially best friends!"
"Wait what......"

"You know, people always say money is the root of all evil."
"Do you believe that?"
"No, money isn't the root of all evil.......people are."

A/n: Hi again, it's me. So listen up right now yeah, Everglow have released their album and probably my favourite Everglow song I all time (No Lie). And also Spurs won against Southampton 3-2 in a very dramatic fashion. Let me know what you think of the 'In the next chapter' segment and if I should keep it.
Anyway until next time
Thanks for reading!!!