C H A P T E R O N E

C H A P T E R O N E
Beginning

C H A P T E R   O N EBeginning

__________________________

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood."

The raven haired boy, Mike, spoke menacingly. The three other boys sat in the basement, pressed to the edge of their seats in anticipation. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness." The boy was always a great storyteller, making even the smallest stories interesting.

"What is it?" The brown haired boy named Will, said excitedly.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin said, worried slightly of the fictional beast.

"It's not the Demogorgon," Lucas says, gesturing firmly.

"Is it your breath, Wheeler? 'Cause that's utterly horrific," The blonde girl commented from the couch. She laid on the dingy couch with her legs laying across the armrest, reading a woman's fashion magazine.

Mike sighed, glancing over at her. "Shut up, Roni. We're trying to complete a campaign here." He gestures at the game that he has set up and had been playing for 10 hours.

"Fine, geez," Roni pulled up her magazine and fluttered to the next page. They slowly turn back to their game.

They soon come to learn that it wasn't the Demogorgon after all, instead it's the weaker, Troglodytes. They all laugh in relief.

"Wait a minute," Mike whispers softly. Roni glances up from her reading. "Did you hear that? That...that sound."

"Boom...boom...boom!" Mike slams his hands on the table dramatically, making the boys jump. Roni rolls her eyes but doesn't continue reading, being slightly interested. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... that came from something else."

He slams the figure onto the board and yells, "The Demogorgon!" They all groan in frustration. Roni suddenly loses interest and tries to finish her magazine in peace. She continues to ignore them for the rest of the game.

Soon she hears the skidding of chairs and she hears Mike's mom tell him that it was past curfew. Mike dashes up the stairs to get his mother to get them more time.

"Roni, stop being lazy and help us," Lucas spoke, getting on his knees under the table. Roni groans and helps them search for it begrudgingly. She mumbles insults his way for making her do labor.

Dustin paces in anticipation of the next move of the game. "Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God." He said rapidly.

Will jumps up, holding the die. "Oh, wait I got it! Does a seven count?" Will spoke excitedly.