C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

C H A P T E R   N I N E T E E N
Broken

C H A P T E R   N I N E T E E NBroken

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

_______________________________

So, they all went off to get changed and prepared for the days adventure to finding Will. Roni pulled her black jean jacket with white cotton on the inside closer to her person, shivering. They followed the compass that seemed to take them on the train tracks.

Lucas sighs. "How much further?" Roni was glad that he asked first because she would've asked that too.

"I don't know. These only tell direction, not distance. You really need to learn more about compasses," Dustin informs. Roni groans loudly. They've been walking for what felt like hours. Her feet that were in her black Doc Martens began to ache.

"I'm just saying. How do we know when we get to the gate?" Lucas asked, shrugging his shoulders.

"Uh, I think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious," He said jokingly. Roni hops on the railroads, making a challenge to try not to step on the lines and on the leaves next to it. She watches Lucas turning back to glance at El.

"Do you think she's acting weird?" Lucas wonders.

"You're asking if the weirdo is acting weird?" Dustin said with a slight grin.

"I mean, weirder than normal?" Lucas continues to look back. Roni finally looks at El, she looks a little more tired than usual. It has been a whole 24 hours since she's used her powers. And she's been more quiet than normal.

"Yeah, I kinda see it. She's different today." Roni comments, shrugging back on her falling backpack. The weight from the ax wearing it down.

"See!" He points to Roni. She deliberately steps on a stick, breaking it in two pieces.

"Who cares? We need to find the gate. It doesn't matter what she's doing right now," Dustin glances up from looking at the compass. Lucas shrugs it off, but Roni had that nagging feeling in her gut that told her something different.

A few hours later, they somehow get to the Junkyard. Roni furrows her eyebrows when she finally notices where they were. "We're headed back home," Dustin spoke, finally realizing.

"What?!" Roni shouted. Walking was not something she liked to do often. And walking unnecessarily, would completely ruin her day. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Setting sun, right there. We looped right back around," He points to the direction they just came from.

"And you're just realizing this now?" Lucas shouts.

"Why is this all on me?" Dustin wonders out loud.

"Because you're the compass genius!" Lucas answers back. While they argued, Roni watches El carefully. The girl continued to stay quiet and look down at her shoes.