C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y
Team? Team.

C H A P T E R   T W E N T YTeam? Team

__________________________

The next morning, Roni sighs while laying on her messy bed. All night she thought about her friends. Dustin, Mike, and Roni spent the remaining hours of daylight searching for Eleven, but she was nowhere to be seen. Lucas hasn't spoken to any of them since the big fight.

They were both being idiots, Roni thought. Mike for being extremely blind and biased towards El and not seeing how suspicious she was on the train tracks. It was completely obvious that Mike has feelings for El.

And Lucas was being unnecessarily skeptical of Eleven. She hadn't proved that she was a liar, a traitor, or a bad type of weirdo, yet he didn't trust her. Though she understood why he was acting this way, he directed his anger and frustration about losing Will towards her.

Between the two of them facing off against one another, Dustin and Roni were caught in the middle of it all. Roni knew that Mike and Lucas would have to shake hands and soon. It's the rule of the party.

"Roni?" Dustin's voice rang out from the Walkie-Talkie. Roni reached beside her and pulled up the antenna.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?" He asked concerned.

"I'm fine, just a little shook up from...everything. You?" She laid on her back, looking at the ceiling. Roni could hear him sigh over the radio.

"Good," Dustin answers. "We should head over to Mike's house to see if El came back." He suggested. Roni agrees and they sign off. She throws on a blue jean jacket and also puts on her black jeans and black t-shirt.

Roni pedals her way to the Wheeler household. On the way, she meets up with Dustin. They lay their bikes gently on the ground. Roni looks at her bike with a distant look.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dustin asks. He watches he abnormal movements. Roni smiles slightly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just... hate when we fight, reminds me of something at home. My friends are a way to not think about that," She puts her hand in her jacket pocket. Dustin nods.

"I do, too. That's leaves the job of bringing them together on us. Team?" He holds up his fist. Roni looks between his fist and his face.

Roni hits hers against his, smirking. "Team," They smile at each other, looking in to each other's eyes. She breaks eye contact and looks to the house. "Let's get in there." Roni walks to the back door first. Dustin watches her. Her long blonde hair swings back and forth. Dustin sighs and walks faster to catch up with her.

They pad down the basement to see a frantic Mike, pacing in front of the now destroyed fort. "I just... I can't believe she didn't come back." He mutters.