C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - S E V E N
Eleven

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - S E V E NEleven

_________________________________

Dustin and Roni look at each other fearfully and turn back to the monster before them. It's mouth opens up, screeching loudly again. The agents fearfully let go of the group to draw out their guns.

The Party picks up a weak El, looking back up at the monster. They get El into Dustin's arms and run to a safe spot. Roni's heart beats loud against her chest as they run down the halls of the school.

They run into the science lab. Dustin lays El on the longer table in the classroom. Roni takes out her ax and puts it on the opposite table. Roni clutches El's hand. "Hey, El, you forgot your bracelet," She pulls out the bracelet and slides it on El's wrist. "No matter what happens I want you to keep it."

El tries to shake her head but Roni shushes her. "And always remember that your sister gave it to you, okay?" Roni smiles brightly but it didn't reach her eyes. Every ounce of fear Roni had, read in her baby blues.

The girl furrows her eyebrows. "Sister?" El mumbles.

"Yeah, we're sisters now. We do everything together and we take care of each other that's what sisters do," Roni breathed in deeply and gazed at El's weak face. She whips around when the Demogorgon screeches. The gun fire stops. There was pure terrifying silence.

"I-is it dead?" Dustin asked. The door flies through the room and the Demogorgon crawls on top of it. Lucas quickly takes off his backpack to get the wrist-rocket. The monster inches closer and closer to them.

"Hurry up, Lucas," Roni spoke surprisingly calm.

"I'm trying, I just need more time!" He yells back, his backpack zipper locks up.

Roni sighs deeply and grabs the ax from the table. "Then I'll give you more time," She walks up towards the Demogorgon. "Hey, you big ugly flower, try to get at my friends! Try me!" She swings the ax towards the monster but she misses and she almost falls at the weight.

She lift up the ax again and misses. While she's doing so Dustin stares in shock the short girl, swinging an ax at a monster with no hint of fear in her eyes. "Ten," He mumbles. Mike nudges him hard to get his attention.

Roni lifts up her ax one last time and swings at hard as she could. She lands the aim and scrapes some of the flesh of the monster. She smiles proudly but it drops when the Demogorgon keeps advancing towards her friends, unaffected by the injury. "Uh, Lucas is the wrist rocket ready, man?"

"Yeah!" He walks closer and Roni ducks out of the way and helps the boys give Lucas the rocks he needs to shoot this thing. The Demogorgon is unfazed by the rocks being shot at him. They scream at Lucas to shoot it harder. As he shoots with the biggest rock they found. The monster flies across the room and hits the wall.