Chapter 1

Hello, fellow fanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is the first chapter of Queer 'n Crazy. Before we proceed into the fanfiction, a word of warning. This fic contains swearing, self harm mentions (Not in great detail), mental illness and more.

I will leave warnings at the beginning of each chapter, but if you are sensitive to these subjects, I suggest you do not read this. In the end it's your choice, but stay safe! Your health is more important than a story. 

But if you do choose to read it, thank you and welcome! 

Warnings - Bullying, mention of blood, mention of an abusive home, the f slur, food mention, swearing, and I think that's it. If there are any more, please let me know! :)

....................

Virgil Grant sighed as Set It Off began to play over his headphones. Wincing, he lifted his hand up to brush the side of his face, where a patch of his skin was flaming red. Judging by the stinging, it was definitely going to bruise. Not that Virgil wasn't used to bruises, he'd had his fair share. And not just from testosterone fueled jerks, either. 

Despite the music blasting in his ears, Virgil heard a faint shout of " Hey faggot!" come from the neighbors garden. He kept his eyes on his shoes as he walked, too tired to bother dealing with the snide-comments made by the neighbors kids. While he knew he was safe, he couldn't help his heart from picking up the pace. 

The comment was usually associated with a fist to the face. 

He dragged himself up his doorsteps, shoulders sagging. Humming along to Hourglass, he reached into his coat pocket for the small key that would permit him entry into the brick house in front of him.  A few moments later he unlocked the door to his foster parent's home. Comforting cinnamon-scented warmth enveloped him, a welcomed change from the strangely chilly air outside.

"Janice?" His voice rung through the empty corridor as he made his way down. Despite the fact he was wearing a coat and his hoodie, Virgil shivered at the heavy silence that seemed to have set over the house. 

"Virgil? We're in the living room, honey." Virgil made a beeline for the door, for a distraction from his troubled thoughts. He moment he stepped through the doorway, he was attacked by a swirl of auburn hair and green shawls. Virgil grinned as he returned his foster mother's hug.

"Virgil! How was school?" She drew away, before gasping. "What happened to your face?" 

Virgil frowned, before bringing his hand up to touch the still stinging bruise on his left cheek. "Oh. It's nothing."
"Was it those boys again?" asked her husband Mike from his spot on the couch. Virgil nodded. 
"Yeah. It's no big deal though, they got detention from Mrs Black afterward."

"Still, Virgil. Are you sure you don't want us to complain?" Virgil broke himself out of his foster mum's grasp before heading to the kitchen in the corner of the open-plan room. 

"Yeah, I'm sure. The teachers know already, it won't make much of a difference."
He started as he caught sight of the silent figure sitting on the couch opposite his parents. Fuck, a warning maybe? 

"Virgil!" reprimanded Janice.
"What?" he replied still staring at the man.
"Language!" He'd said that out loud?
"Sorry. Um, who are you?" he said, the question coming off harsher than he intended. 
"No problem, Virgil. My name is Steven, I'm a social worker. I'm friends with Jess?" The name of the old social worker brought a small smile onto the pale teen's face. 

"How is she?"
"She's fine." said the man, smiling. "If you wouldn't mind sitting down, we have something to talk about." Virgil shot an alarmed look at his parents, panic bubbling up in his chest. They weren't getting rid of him, were they? Sure he'd only been in two foster homes, but he really, really, liked this one. Sure, school wasn't the easiest, but it still worked!