Chapter Seven

Your POV:

I am brought out of my slumber thanks to the constant ringing of the house phone. 

"McKenzie residents... Thank you, but Miss McKenzie is not making any appearance at the moment... Please, if you have any questions contact her manager."

"McKenzie residents... No, she is not going... Please, if you have any questions, contact her manager."

"McKenzie residents... I cannot answer-... hello? Hello?"

"I disconnected the phone line," I wave the cord in my hand as I approach Charlie, who looks way more stressed than before. 

"Huh, why didn't I think of that? The phones have been going off since six in the morning," Charlie tells me as he makes his way towards the kitchen to make breakfast.

I sit down on the counter as I go through my phone, which apparently had been blowing up just as much as the house phone. A few dozen missed calls from studios, radio stations, and magazines. A few emails from more studios, radio stations, and magazines. A hundred or more twitter, Instagram, and any other social media posts. I am trending worldwide and it is all about my "resurrection".  I guess people really thought I was dead. Damn... I shouldn't have went out. I could have had a worry free lifestyle by now.

"Yup, the cat's out of the bag. Now the paparazzi and media can't get enough of you. Countless magazines and studios want to be the first to cover your story," Charlie says as he places a bowl of cereal down in front of me. I look at him. He hasn't served me cereal since I was 6. "I'm lazy, sue me."

"I think I've created a monster," I chuckle.

We sit in comfortable silence, occasionally making a snarky comment here and there about something that came to mind. Charlie would comment on my eating habit while I comment on his utensil usage. Before we know it we are pulled out of our own little bubble when the door open and closes.

Charlie's eyes widen while mine simply concentrates on the bowl in front of me 

"Charlie, why is the phone line disconnected? I've been calling ever since we landed. Is sh-"

My mother and father make their way into the dining area where Charlie and I reside. My father stops mid-sentence once his eyes landed on me. A look of relief washes over both their faces, which is immediately replaced with their usual emotionless expression.

Charlie obviously was scared because he didn't do any of the errands that my parents set for him since I dragged him along the other day.

"Calm down, father, I did it. The phone has been going off since morning so I found the quickest solution," I reply. 

My father doesn't say anything but continues to stare at me. I start to feel uncomfortable from the constant staring and look down at the bowl. I could hear my father mumble something before he left to his office or the master bedroom.

"Charlie, could you leave me and my daughter alone please?" My mother instructs more than requests.

Charlie sends me a comforting smile and clears the table before leaving the room. I stay seated, not even turning towards my mother.

"How are you feeling?"

"Now you care," I snort. "Can we please skip the pleasantries and go to the real reason why you wanted to talk to me? Did my accident cause you and father too much strife?"

"Actually, the complete opposite. Because of your little stunt, our stocks went up as well as our product sales. I already talked to Amanda and we've set up a couple of interviews for you to talk about the accident and your ordeal. This will definitely get us more press. Good press this time."