Chapter Twelve

A/N: Hello !!! Happy New Years !! Sorry for not updating. Holiadys were quite busy for me with family things. Hope your holiday celebrations were great and relaxing. Anywhos. I just wanted to say thank you for reading. I am almost at 3K readings! :O That's so amazing and I'm thankful to you all for reading and keeping interested in my writing. This is my first fanfiction, well story in general. So thank you. :D And to thank you for reading my fanfiction, I'll try to put up another update later this week. 

Like always, let me know what you think by voting and commenting your thoughts on the chapter and any suggestion you might have the story. I'm all ears, or eyes. Lol..

Happy reading :D 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV: 

I searched through the entire hall for ten minutes before I finally called it quits. It was just my imagination playing tricks on me thinking that Camila was here. She was just in my dreams. I returned back into the hall and straight towards the bar, my comfort zone at events such as these though I didn't feel the need to down six to seven flutes of champagne anymore. Instead, I gazed out at the great turn out for the foundation's charity event and was actually proud at what I had accomplished.

All for you, Tyler. 

While thinking about Tyler and what he was thinking up in heaven, I felt a cold liquid splash against my face, slowly dripping down to my neck and dress. I gasped out of shock and looked at the perpetrator.

Naomi. Shit.

By now a group of onlookers were waiting for something more exciting to happen. They may be adults and more "mature" but when entertainment like this is wiggled in front of them everyone turns into a gossiping teen. It was too interesting them not to.

"Naomi-"

Before I could muster something up to say, a nice hard slap across my cheek stopped me. Yup. Definitely gossip worthy.

"How dare you," she hissed. "It's all your fault and you think this," she gestured around us. "Could forgive what you took away from me? You were the reason why he was driving that night and you are the reason he's dead. How dare you think you can walk around and play this victim card when you know damn well if it wasn't for you and your influence, he would still be here. With me."

I didn't say anything and allowed her to say these things because deep down I had the same thoughts. Maybe not as cruel, but still, same thoughts. I was the reason why he got in the car. I was the reason why we were always drunk or high. I brought him into that world because I didn't like feeling lonely and he was my only true companion. So everything Naomi was saying was true.

"That's enough, Naomi," Harry came to my rescue and placed a reassuring arm around my waist. "This isn't the place and time to mark your territory. Stop making a scene and try to at least respect Tyler's good name."

Harry led me away from the scene, avoiding the nosy spectators,  and handed me his handkerchief in order to wipe away the excess champagne that was still dripping down my face. I mumbled a thank you and followed his lead to the back area.

"The lads are in the hall so you can get changed in our dressing room. I'll get Charlie to see if he has something for you to get changed into," Harry said before he left me to lonesome in their dressing room.

Such a gentleman, that one.

I quickly got out of my dress and went into the washroom to wash off the champagne before it got sticky on my skin. I was appreciative to my makeup artist because, miraculously, my make up didn't smear or come off as much as I thought it would when a flute of champagne gets splashed on my face. My scars were still well hidden.